Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID 4GB Xbox Slim with Kinect & Kinect Adventures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't need the kinect, game, controllers, leads, or the hard drive, anybody want to get the rest of the bits and I just keep the xbox itself, offer 90 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

I don't need the kinect, game, controllers, leads, or the hard drive, anybody want to get the rest of the bits and I just keep the xbox itself, offer 90 euro.

What hard drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

So basically you end up paying €168.98 for a Kinect which can normally be bought for €149.

DingDong wrote: »
    So basically you end up paying €168.98 for a Kinect which can normally be bought for €149.

But your also getting a 4GB hard drive, some extra leads and a controller. Bargin:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

But your also getting a 4GB hard drive, some extra leads and a controller. Bargin:p

:D Savage some leads. I think the 4GB hard drive is built in too so scratch that off the list DM .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

the 4gb hard drive is actually internal flash memory so cannot be removed.
    in to late:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I believe that hard drive cant be removed. Only the bigger 250GB ones can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

You can not remove the harddrive from the 4gb console,also we really need a subpage on this section,maybe call it the den of thevies so you guys can all meet and scheme together.;)

back to the drawing board:(

If you are looking for just the base console try Gamestop,think they have preowned 60gb old style consoles for €100,you should be able to sell the wires and hd and pad on adverts.

• Advertisement

I've 2 xbox 360's and both of them are fecked, one just eats disks and skips in the middle of games, the other one is and 18mts old elite and i'm trying for weeks to get a copy receipt out of smyths toys for it as microsoft won't honour the warranty without it as it shows on there system as been shipped in Feb 2008 but I bought it brand new in May 2009.
    tbh at this stage i'm nearly contemplating getting a playstation as i've had enough of microsoft and there shoite build quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not that cheap when you add in a extra game for the kinect it works out 308 euros 8 euros more then what i paid and i got one more game to so no bargain here lads

If you need a new xbox you can still use your old HD in the new one all it takes is 5 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0NhKgRC2tg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

4GB model can be upgraded easily either with an official had drive for the slim, or a hard drive from any 360 will do, you can pick up a 20GB drive for next to nothing ;)

projectgtr wrote: »
    4GB model can be upgraded easily either with an official had drive for the slim, or a hard drive from any 360 will do, you can pick up a 20GB drive for next to nothing ;)

No it cant it needs the new hard drives, the old 20GB ones wont work.

Not that cheap when you add in a extra game for the kinect it works out 308 euros 8 euros more then what i paid and i got one more game to so no bargain here lads

If you need a new xbox you can still use your old HD in the new one all it takes is 5 mins

:mad:SO WHY DON'T YOU POST WHERE YOU GOT YOUR DEAL THEN,INSTEAD OF DECONSTRUCTING THIS ONE.

Jaafa wrote: »

I think you might want to read up on that ;) if you remove the casing, the drive slots directly into the slot on the New xbox slim, if you dont believe me try youtube ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

:mad:SO WHY DON'T YOU POST WHERE YOU GOT YOUR DEAL THEN,INSTEAD OF DECONSTRUCTING THIS ONE.

In Game the weak of X-Mass

i got xbox 360 4gb with kinect and the games where kinect sports and forza 3 with all the dlc for 299 and got 6 euro on my game card to this was a great deal at the time

[QUOTE=I think you might want to read up on that wink.gif if you remove the casing, the drive slots directly into the slot on the New xbox slim, if you dont believe me try youtube wink.gif.[/QUOTE]

posted this there a few posts back

did you bother to read my last post?? the actual drives are the exact same the one thing preventing it is the casing , remove the drive from the casing and it plugs directly into the new Slim ;) As i said above if you dont believe me check youtube or google it for yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Amazon have the 360 4GB with Kinect and Kinect adventures + another kinect game + hdmi cable + Forza 3 - Ultimate or Crackdown 2 or Alan Wake for £239.99. Thats around €300 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=nosim/?docId=1000466973

did you bother to read my last post?? the actual drives are the exact same the one thing preventing it is the casing , remove the drive from the casing and it plugs directly into the new Slim ;) As i said above if you dont believe me check youtube or google it for yourself ;)

What? I didn't post anything between this post and your last post?? :confused:

• Advertisement

What? I didn't post anything between this post and your last post?? :confused:

woooops sorry bro that came up as the last post, my bad :D

woooops sorry bro that came up as the last post, my bad :D

No prob. And my mistake in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think you might want to read up on that ;) if you remove the casing, the drive slots directly into the slot on the New xbox slim, if you dont believe me try youtube ;)

would that effect the warranty in any way?

would that effect the warranty in any way?

Im not 100% normally where mods are concerned id say yes, but you are using a removable piece of hardware from made by microsoft. so if something did happen your console , just pop the drive out, but in saying that its made by microsoft so should it matter :confused::confused: id take it out tbh if you did need to bring it back

This has now expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

i succesfully extracted my old 120 gig HDD last night and inserted it into my new 4GB slim.

Thanks to whoever suggested this originally. Youve just saved me about 100 euro buying a new HDD.

Theres no warranty worries except on the old HDD(which you dont need anyway if youve bought a new xbox),
    The compartment on the Slim opens normally buy pressing the button and the extracted drive from old HDD can be carefully slotted into the vacant slot.

You just need a screwdriver - Torx - with T6 and T10 bits, got one from Decwells in town for 6 europes.

i succesfully extracted my old 120 gig HDD last night and inserted it into my new 4GB slim.

Thanks to whoever suggested this originally. Youve just saved me about 100 euro buying a new HDD.

Theres no warranty worries except on the old HDD(which you dont need anyway if youve bought a new xbox),
    The compartment on the Slim opens normally buy pressing the button and the extracted drive from old HDD can be carefully slotted into the vacant slot.

You just need a screwdriver - Torx - with T6 and T10 bits, got one from Decwells in town for 6 europes.

cool bro , just passing on what i learned when the nephew got a 4gb :D

Advertisement