Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toshiba37" 429

• 18-12-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Hi , Saw a 37" toshiba in tescos this morn. at 429 euro.
    Model 37rv753.
    Online reviews are good andits mpeg 4 and freeview which is promising.

Any comments?.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

:o

At that price, that model is a steal!

They're a great TV, I think, and for that price, it's a no-brainer.

It has LAN port also for connecting to your network.

Also, it's grand for the RTE digital Saorview signals.

Are you sure it is 429eur? Seems too good a price IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

can any one confirm this,might pick one up on the way home on tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Had around 6 in maynooth about an hour ago for this price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

has any one seen them in ballina or castlebar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

For a few quid more argo are doing a 40" Sony KDL40EX401U @ 469 although it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

byte wrote: »
    :o

At that price, that model is a steal!

They're a great TV, I think, and for that price, it's a no-brainer.

It has LAN port also for connecting to your network.
    Also, it's grand for the RTE digital Saorview signals.

Are you sure it is 429eur? Seems too good a price IMO.

Got a toshiba recently great TV - how does the Lan port work- not very techy - have a wireless network at home anyway to connect it that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

it definitely is in Tescos at €429, have seen it in both the Naas and Newbridge shops

I was just about to make a thread about this... have been on the lookout for a new tv and I saw this offer and have been trying to decide on it.

For €429 it seems like a great price, all the reviews I've read are positive

Someone give me a push....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Push

and then give me your opinions, looking for a 37" for the parents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Push

I'm going to go back to Tesco in Naas and see if its on display there. Just noticed its only 50hz refresh rate, that is putting me off going and buying it right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There was a 37 inch toshiba in tesco for €350 not long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

power city doing the sony 40" KDL40EX401, 479 incl del to galway, bought one saturday, price goes up and down for some reason ,showing €499 now. 5 year parts & labour.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40E401

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Got a toshiba recently great TV - how does the Lan port work- not very techy - have a wireless network at home anyway to connect it that way?

you need to hook up a wireless router to your wireless broadband, and then connect a cat 5 cable to the TV's Lan port.. I'm sure theres a few settings you need to add to the TV for it to pick up (ip address etc)

Wireless router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Was in Tesco in Wexford town and they had the Toshiba LCD 37" for €429.

Then went up to DID and they had the same Toshiba LCD in a 40" for €449.

Edit: http://www.did.ie/Product/TOSHIBA-40andquot-FULL-HD-LCD-SPECIAL-40LV713/18584/317

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

JJJJNR wrote: »
    you need to hook up a wireless router to your wireless broadband, and then connect a cat 5 cable to the TV's Lan port.. I'm sure theres a few settings you need to add to the TV for it to pick up (ip address etc)

Wireless router

Thanks sounds a bit too techy for me- if I ever really need to can connect laptop through HDMI cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

Push

Probably a little bit late in the day for you but I was in Tescos Nutgrove looking at the Toshiba and decided to pop across the road to Harvey Norms before I made the plunge. Glad I did.

For 499 I picked up this instead, in Harveys. Philips 37PFL5405H

Spec below but it is 37 LCD 100Hz and has USB Media including .mkv

I think it was well worth the extra 70 tbh.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/televisions/5000-series-philips-37-inch-full-hd-1080p-digital-tv-37pfl5405h_05/prd/;jsessionid=B130FB8D9E180E79F24F300935F521C6.app101-drp2?t=specifications

I tried to bargain them down to 450 but they wouldn't budge as it was meant to be a one(late opening?) day special but they were told to just leave it at that price till Christmas, allegedly! He did give me a HDMI cable for free though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Still plenty of these available in Tesco Wilton. Very nice 37" set for the money still. Not the worst black levels and low input lag, and a good upscaler of SD sources.

Tough decision between this and the Philips set, both have their strengths..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Probably a little bit late in the day for you but I was in Tescos Nutgrove looking at the Toshiba and decided to pop across the road to Harvey Norms before I made the plunge. Glad I did.

For 499 I picked up this instead, in Harveys. Philips 37PFL5405H

Spec below but it is 37 LCD 100Hz and has USB Media including .mkv

I think it was well worth the extra 70 tbh.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/televisions/5000-series-philips-37-inch-full-hd-1080p-digital-tv-37pfl5405h_05/prd/;jsessionid=B130FB8D9E180E79F24F300935F521C6.app101-drp2?t=specifications

I tried to bargain them down to 450 but they wouldn't budge as it was meant to be a one(late opening?) day special but they were told to just leave it at that price till Christmas, allegedly! He did give me a HDMI cable for free though :)

Picked up the same TV in Powercity for the same price. Great price for a 100Hz Tv. The picture is class. Stayed up half the night watching cricket!

PC also have the same TV in 32 inch for 449.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

Anyone confirm if the 37PFL5405H has MHEG5 - (think this is used for digital teletext on Saorview)

Thanks

Advertisement