Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long hair vs short hair?

• 15-11-2004 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

What do people think of long hair in general and long hair on guys in particular? Which is better - long or short?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

all very much depends on the person really ;) but guys that can carry it off.. look good with longish hair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Yes, I suppose that it does...the reason that I posted was that I saw a guy that I had not seen in 10 years and he has long hair now - I bairly recognised him, he used to be very uptight but the long hair made him looked more relaxed and really suited him :D

Have always really liked long hair on guys but I imagine that it must be more difficult from a job perspective?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

depends. if it suits them guys with long hair = teh sex

but thats only my opinion :)

edit: that said a rather sexeh guy i know recently cut his hair, and now he looks even better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

my bf has long hair , i never thought id go with a long haired dude , but its great on him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I have long hair and I look fantastic

• Advertisement

show us a pic , im a forward gurly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I concur, Mord looks fantastic.

I used to have long hair too, and I looked absolutely fabulous!

i'm afraid I don't have any pics displaying the lusciousness of my locks ;)

http://frink.nuigalway.ie/~mordeth/what.jpg here's me in one of my trendy ensembles though... iirc something very odd flew by my window just as the camera took the pic, which is why I have that look on my face

cool u got nice shiny hair

ooh your wall hanging looks spiffy
    yay for cool amsterdam stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

The long hair can be a pain going for interviews as a lot of people are still uptight about it. **** 'em all the showera bastards...... I didnt get a few jobs cos of the hair.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

I agree some guys look absolutely YUMMY with long hair , but then there are some that look much better with short . Depends on who you are basically ..... and yes ....Mordeth definitely is drool worthy !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I've got long hair. Looks like.... something that doesn't look good but I couldn't be bothered cutting it.

no
    why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

You best go ask your mother...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

:) No, I'm not slagging....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Seraphina wrote:
    that said a rather sexeh guy i know recently cut his hair, and now he looks even better :D

VERY true.
    Whenever someone with longhair cuts it short for a short period people think it looks brilliant,but only for as long as what you used to look like is still fresh in peoples minds.Your kinda getting the best of both worlds,except at the end of it your left with short hair and another six month growing period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

aye, it is all down to the individual.

prime example would be my younger brother and myself - he is the clean cut type with short hair, while I am just plain gorgeous with long, luxurious hippy hair.

Plus I look like a shaved dog's arse with short hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Seraphina wrote:
    edit: that said a rather sexeh guy i know recently cut his hair, and now he looks even better :D

That must have been me. I just got my hair cut recently. Of course I don't know you. Or do I? Or don't I? Or do I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

I personally prefer guys with short hair, I think it looks a lot more claen cut and tidyer. But some guys can carry the long hair look too. It does look horrible when its all long and greasy though. I would usually go for guys with short hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I went through a phase of wanting long hair. But it always got to an annoying length so I always cut it.

I am now sporting what I like to call my "Judge Reinhold" hair-do.

i am disturbed that you refer to it as a 'hair-do'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Once I wanted to look like Kurt Cobain.....but then I grew up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I had long hair, then i had a shaved head then i grew my hair again and now i have short hair again. I also had a comedy long fringe with shaved head look back in the early 90's
    I never found it affected job applications and such. (perhaps because i didnt apply for many jobs, but thats a moot point)

long hair(passport) > http://homepage.eircom.net/~echomadman/feb2000.jpg

short hair > http://homepage.eircom.net/~echomadman/echo.jpg

i dont really care too much about it, i cut it all off again because it kept getting in the way the other night when i was changing the chain on my motorbike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What is regarded as long hair ?
    Most Irish men sport a short back and sides .
    I am regarded by people to have long hair although its short by European standards,Italy,Spain.
    Too many Irish peopl have short hair.
    Everyone looks the same.
    Your hair is unique and a different hairstyle can make someone look completely different.
    A good hairstyle ,not cut, can improve a womens appearance immensely.
    I cut my hair short ,then long ,then grew a beard ,then shaved it off.
    Most women say I look like Ashton Kutcher out of Butterfly Effect now .
    Everyone is unique and so should hairstyles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'm debating wether to cut mine or not. I'm debating to groe it or not because it's kinda long and it won't take long to grow. I'm not talking about a whole pony tail thing, I'm saying well above the shoulders. I'm also thinking of bleaching my hair, just to have done it... Here's a pic of me recently, my face was like that because I was half drunk. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Whatever about mens hair (though I am of the opinion longer is generally better) What about women? I find short hair is usually really really good on women especially dark hair.Any men agree with this? , I seem to be in a small minority....

echomadman wrote:

You looked way better with long hair, man! Why'd you do it!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I love long hair on guys, though there are some who it doesn't suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

meatloaf.jpg

Mine ^^ and it ain't coming off anytime soon :D

Were I of that persuasion, I would take you in a manly fashion, Lemming. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

It does look horrible when its all long and greasy though.
    Short hair can be greasy too, as a lot of lads with short hair plaster it with styling wax/gel/chip pan oil.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I prefer longish hair, or longish with spikes on guys but not too long.

Short hair is fundamentally greasier tbh, because the scalp produced a certain amount of oils. Now that I've short hair, I find it does get greasy rather swiftly, and by the end of the day, it's noticable.

Tbh the 'long hair = greasy' is a complete steriotype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I wouldn't say I have long hair,but its longer then the average hair for a guy in Ballymun anyway :)

It would be longer,but my hair is very curly so its kinda all in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mordeth wrote:
    i'm afraid I don't have any pics displaying the lusciousness of my locks ;)

http://frink.nuigalway.ie/~mordeth/what.jpg here's me in one of my trendy ensembles though... iirc something very odd flew by my window just as the camera took the pic, which is why I have that look on my face

Heh, I never get tired of this picture...

A couple months ago I decided to let my hair grow, just to see what it looked like while I still had it. I hope this afro-type thing will eventually sort itself out when it's long enough to keep itself weighted down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

IMO, in 95% of cases, guys look more attractive with short/shortish hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sarky wrote:
    Heh, I never get tired of this picture...

A couple months ago I decided to let my hair grow, just to see what it looked like while I still had it. I hope this afro-type thing will eventually sort itself out when it's long enough to keep itself weighted down...

Doesn't that afro phase make you look abit funny,have you tried putting it in a split and brush it down ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

thinking of cutting the hair... im just too lazy to take care of my hair, so it looks crap. its also REALLY ****IN DRY all the time.
    what do ya think? pic--->>passport photo
    (was sunburnt a few days before it was taken if your wondering why my complexion looks so weird, also had a bit of a nest goin on that day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

OMG, I've seen you around college :D

• Advertisement

wow is that you sarky?you look way different than i thought

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    wow is that you sarky?you look way different than i thought

rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Depends on the guy. Long hair never suited me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I used to have a mop top back in the day. Now I get a short back n' sides every 2 months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mordeth wrote:
    rofl

F*ck off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

Lemming wrote:

Mine ^^ and it ain't coming off anytime soon :D

Damn right it's not!

janey mordeth you look different with your clothes on
    and sarky sorry my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

I used to have long hair a few years ago but now its short!Well not really short but only a few inches now!

I have to say i prefer mine like this than when i had it long!everyone else has said the same too!

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    janey mordeth you look different with your clothes on
    and sarky sorry my bad

there's a few years, and stone in between both pics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

nesthead wrote:
    thinking of cutting the hair... im just too lazy to take care of my hair, so it looks crap. its also REALLY ****IN DRY all the time.
    what do ya think? pic--->>passport photo
    (was sunburnt a few days before it was taken if your wondering why my complexion looks so weird, also had a bit of a nest goin on that day)

I really like your hair

• Advertisement
Advertisement