Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mascara and eyeliners

• 05-11-2004 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Was just wondering..for all the girls out there and probably some guys too..I'm an asian girl, and I just adore caucasian girls who uses eyeliners and mascara. What I want to know is like..what type of mascara do u guys think is good (i would prefer waterproof) and do you guys use the mascara for the bottom lashes too or just the upper one..and also..do u guys actually use eyeliners because I often see girls with like eyeliners on them but sometimes it may seem like they where one but actually they just where mascara and because u guys are fair it looks as if you where eyeliners..and if you guys do where eyeliners..do you only where it only at the top or bottom as well..i need some guidelines.. :D

i know i may sound as if i dont make sense here..but do try to understand

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

Hiya
    Loreal's panoramic girl is good, really opens your eyes.
    I would use on both sets of lashes, usually eyeliner too, since they're usually the best feature on your face to play up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

but how do you use mascara for the bottom lashes..i tried it b4 but it didnt turn out good and i cant quite see the mascara being done there. what eyeliners are u using..and how do u apply that for both side (up + down)..btw..is the l'oreal panoramic waterproof??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Lady^Jane wrote:
    but how do you use mascara for the bottom lashes..i tried it b4 but it didnt turn out good and i cant quite see the mascara being done there. what eyeliners are u using..and how do u apply that for both side (up + down)..btw..is the l'oreal panoramic waterproof??

I don't put it on the bottom lashes because they are too short and it would clump. I think it's only possible for people with long lashes. I just put a half line of eyeliner there instead sometimes.

I find that Maybelline mascara and Bourjois eyeliner are quite good and pretty cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

always use bourjois mascara and avon eyeliner.. its like a marker and goes on so easily.. for a less dramatic look the pencil is best and smudge it with a cotton bud..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Lainey wrote:
    always use bourjois mascara and avon eyeliner.. its like a marker and goes on so easily.. for a less dramatic look the pencil is best and smudge it with a cotton bud..

Avon? Where is that to be bought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

simu wrote:
    Avon? Where is that to be bought?

don't think it can be bought in a shop.. its from a catalogue.. has some nice lip liners and glosses too.. cheap and does the trick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

hi lady jane,
    i think the panoramic curl from l'oreal is waterproof, you should give it a try.
    i use rimmel's eyeliners, they're pretty decent.
    i'm not the greatest with liquid eyeliners, so i stick to pencil.
    you can certainly use mascara on your bottom lashes, it's just a bit of a lighter touch when applying, or you'd look ridiculous..
    :)

thanks ppl for the guides..i'll try my best to do it..hopefully it works!!.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I must say I rather like liquid liners. I have some random cheapo 2 euro neon blue one which probably causes blindness or something but I quite like it. I find liquid liners tend not to come off the way pencils do, and they don't end up smuding all over your eye then...
    Of course they're not as fast to put on 'cause you have to spend more time not poking yourself in the eye (which is a lot worse than if you poke yourself with a pencil).

So, to summarise this very badly written post, pencils are faster but come off, liners are longer lasting but longer to put on. You also have to let them dry a bit which is sort of weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You're supposed to bend the wand of a mascara to a 45 degree angle so you can reach your lower lashes. I use Rimmel comb mascara, Avon Color Trend purple mascara and Bourgeouis Coup de Theatre mascara. I use Rimmel black kohl eyeliner. You're not supposed to put kohl eyeliner on your upper lash line, it can seep into your eyes. Thats what liquid eyeliner is for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

At first I though you were asking whether 'guys' wore mascara. I was like WTF! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It's possible... *looks around suspiciously*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

think it depend on the look u want.. smoky eyes - blended pencil.. definition - liquid liner..
    that's what I think anyway..

which do ye prefer.. the liquid liner with the little brush or the one that has a kind of pointed tip??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

How do you apply eyeliner properly without looking like you've just been punched in the eye socket?

I tried applying it before, hehe, the result was catastrophic! ;)

So I haven't worn it since :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i never had a steady enough hand for the eyeliner, it always made me look not quite right, so i dont use it anymore
    i use isa dora mascara, which i find quite good, although pretty much everything i get comes from my mum or her chemist, so i haven't tried a wide variety of mascara's.
    make up is just ridiculously over priced. i have the money, but resent paying so much for these things.

isa dora is nice..
    the trick with eyeliner is to tilt your head up and pull your eyelid slightly with your finger to straighten it.. easy now!! that makes it easier.. and you only draw line from 3/4 of the way in to the outside edge.. that's what I think looks most natural. top lid only ;) tiny bit on outside edge of bottom if you really wanna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

I would die without my Christian Dior Long optic Mascara & Mac Black powder eye liner ... they are the best & you never have to top them up they last all day & the mascara makes some difference to small eyes

Cork_girl wrote:
    isa dora is nice..
    the trick with eyeliner is to tilt your head up and pull your eyelid slightly with your finger to straighten it.. easy now!! that makes it easier.. and you only draw line from 3/4 of the way in to the outside edge.. that's what I think looks most natural. top lid only ;) tiny bit on outside edge of bottom if you really wanna.

u mean for the upper lid..just draw 3/4 from inside to out and not all the way???i can do for the upper lid..but when it comes to the bottom lid..i look ridiculous..as if i was punched out..

Lady^Jane wrote:
    u mean for the upper lid..just draw 3/4 from inside to out and not all the way???i can do for the upper lid..but when it comes to the bottom lid..i look ridiculous..as if i was punched out..

skip the bottom lid.. maybe even smudge a tiny bit of darkish eyeshadow using a cotton bud along the outer corner.. that'd give u a smoky effect ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

offlercrocgod wears make up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement