Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do against that resident evil look around the eyes

Options
  • 13-08-2004 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

You know... like when you've got dark rings under your eyes and people tend to aim at your head first time they meet you ?
    I've tried getting enough sleep, but that didn't help much. Wondering if it's down to some nutrition thing...
    Getting tired of hearing "you look like sH#t" first thing in the morning and realising I'm talking to the person in the mirror...

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Zumpel wrote:
    You know... like when you've got dark rings under your eyes and people tend to aim at your head first time they meet you ?
    I've tried getting enough sleep, but that didn't help much. Wondering if it's down to some nutrition thing...
    Getting tired of hearing "you look like sH#t" first thing in the morning and realising I'm talking to the person in the mirror...

cheers

Do you want some product suggestions?? If so, i'd recommend YSL Touche Eclat. It's light reflecting so it covers up under-eye circles, blemishes really well. If you don't wanna wear that, i'd try cold tea bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

COLD TEA BAGS??? are you serious

I get this aswell sometimes, I remember at school people taught I was in a fight as I had what seemed to be two black eyes. So how long do you put the teabags on your eyes for? if your serious ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Or cucumber maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

ando wrote:
    COLD TEA BAGS??? are you serious

I get this aswell sometimes, I remember at school people taught I was in a fight as I had what seemed to be two black eyes. So how long do you put the teabags on your eyes for? if your serious ;)

Lie down resting the cold damp teabags on your CLOSED eyes for about 15-20 minutes. The coolness is supposed to help reduce the puffiness in the area around they eye.
    Alternatively you could use 2 circles of cucumber, about 1/4 inch thick.
    Also, you can buy one of those plastic covered gel masks from Boots and keep it in the fridge for when you might need to use it. They're pretty cool because they last so long and they aren't messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

I have this problem too, and I use concealer to cover it up.Its quite good as it covers the black area using the same colour tone of your skin. but would like to try the YSL thingy, maybe its better and also the tea bag.So, about the tea bag..do u soak it in cold water or u put in the fridge before you put on the eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

i cant believe i know this but...

E45 moisturiser under your eyes, twice a day (morning and before bed) and they'll be almost completely gone in a week. certainly the outer parts, leaving only a slightly dark part left on the inner parts. Guarenteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I just got a concealer stick yesterday at the makeup counter designed for eye shadows/circles.
    IT'S GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!
    Seriously, seemingly green is the best makeup concealer for this area.
    Of course the rest of your foundation, powder etc will be applied after the eye concealer... so you won't be walking about with mad green rimmed eyes.
    But, at least for me anyway, those bluish streaks under my eyes don't show anymore!

YAY! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zumpel

Thanks to all of you.

I think I'll give the moisturiser and teabags a go first. Will post here how it worked out. Even if doesn't work with those, at least my skin'll thank me and I get a cuppa out of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

banquo wrote:

E45 moisturiser under your eyes, twice a day (morning and before bed) and they'll be almost completely gone in a week. certainly the outer parts, leaving only a slightly dark part left on the inner parts. Guarenteed.

Seriously?!?? My under-eye shadows are so dark that I have to wear concealer (proper concealer, not one of those highlighter ones) under them. I use a really, really moisturising eyecream already but might give this one a go! :)

Zumpel & Rainglow, leave us know how ye get on with the cold tea bags & E45 cream.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Try covering it up with skin coloured eye shadow! ;) Works wonders with some people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zumpel

..jeez.. been a long time since I got the chance to check forums...
    The E45 stuff does work wonders for me ! Just have to use it regulary,otherwise I'm back to square one again quite quickly. Buy yey, no more people with stakes chasing me through town ! thnx peeps !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

hmm I might give that e45 thingy a go, once no-one see's me using it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chemist

there are some really great corrective products (eye creams) - but apparently dark circles are linked to toxins in your kidneys. so you are supposed to drink lots of h2o and detox. though i also had a friend who had really bad sinuses and she used concealer and also slept somewhat upright (lots of pillows) it helps lymphatic draining. they improved after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i have this problem too, people are always telling me i look wrecked or like i haven't slept in days. i drink loads of water and sleep loads too, i dont know whats causing it, but my circles are huge, it looks like im wearing dark eye shadow under my eyes sometimes!
    nothing i use seems to cover it properly, must try some of these suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

dont worry about it

i look like the real deal

cant do anything about it

red dark eyes
    , pale skin

im 100% zombie

im always told i look like **** too

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I've had big black rings under my eyes for.. well as long as I can remember.

it's probably something to do with my incredibly unhealthy diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

banquo wrote:

God I hope you're right...must try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

ya me too..i at wearing concealer coz its not waterproof and it makes you look even worse when its wet or after being wet

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Green concealer stuff works very well on dark rings, & also on any red or discoloured skin patches. It seems to neutralise the colour...or something :confused:

I used to know a girl who had the same problem as you do. She didn't view it as a problem though. She put on plenty of black eyeliner, some dark eye shadow & mascara & played up on the whole "smokey eyes" effect. It worked well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

banquo wrote:
    Where might one acquire this E45 concoction? or is it just a generic cream that costs €45 and I've completely missed the point?
    I've been meaning to try something to get rid of the in-rehab look.

lol. get it in Boots or any decent chemist. its not like Nivea whatever; its the 'real deal'. its just a real good moisturiser. warning: overuse will give you crows feet the size of texas [the singer].

again, cant believe i know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you big girl's blouse!

Seraphina wrote:
    you big girl's blouse!

eh, you big girl..?

Well Zumpul, how did the tea bags go?? Did they work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HelenD

Are you talking about regular E45 moisturiser - the body one? Wouldn't that stretch the skin under the eyes? Ultimately doing more harm than good? I guess it depends what age you are - but if you're over 30 I'd say that might be a bit risky.

Advertisement