Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBood: DViCO TViX HD Slim S1 Full HD Media Player for €153 delivered

• 05-01-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭

Click here

Was considering buying the WDTV Live but saw this on IBood today. Seems to support most of the video formats but the feature I like is being able to add your own Sata HDD.

Next cheapest I can find is pixmania for €199 delivered.

Is it worth the extra €50 over the WDTV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Was wondering the same, but was too embarrassed to ask! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

link says it all

ordered mine yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyclone-Micro-2-MKV-1080P-HDMI-Media-Player-/180608032578?pt=UK_Collectables_HardDriveEnclosures_RL&hash=item2a0d13df42#ht_1921wt_978

Got this for my brother for christmas. Just wondering how it compares? It can play mkv which was the main thing i was looking for! its nice and compact and has a remote. thought it was good value. Aside from an internal harddrive option and network connection does the one above have many other advantages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I dont think its worth the extra money OP. The key formats (IMO) are MKV, WMV and DTS. These are the formats that most media players struggle to play. WDTV has them and so does the DViCO.

I have a WDTV Live and i swear by it. Defo the best €100 iv ever spent. Id recommend the WDTV also because its firmware updates are regular. Its constantly being upgraded with more media interfaces (Youtube, Accuweather, facebook etc etc)

I doubt the support for the DViCo would be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I'm thinking of getting this LaCie 1TB LaCinema Classic HD HDMI for €160.60 delivered inc a 2 year warranty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

Another that may be worth considering

http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-o-play-hd2-hd-media-player--usb-3-0---internal-hdd-bay-for-nas--765Y.html

I have an older O!Play and can't fault it. This one has a cage for a HDD and USB 3.0. That will be a standard requirement soon and will make copying from network etc. quicker and easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

also i have been looking at this.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/western-digital-wd-tv--live-hub--1tb-77H8.html

How does this compare to the Lacie?
    anyone got either? an recommendations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Bought a pc from a company closing down, 40 euros, stuck in DVB Combo card (Satelite/Terristrial) + a Graphics card with HDMI out, DVB Card came with a remote.

Full blown system that plays anything and also pauses and records live satelite and terristrial tv.

Plus the frontend works from my laptop so I can watch Satelite telly in bed :)

DVB Card set me back 100 euros and the Graphics card was about 50 quid if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting this LaCie 1TB LaCinema Classic HD HDMI for €160.60 delivered inc a 2 year warranty :)

Now it's down to €151.72 delivered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Bought a pc from a company closing down, 40 euros, stuck in DVB Combo card (Satelite/Terristrial) + a Graphics card with HDMI out, DVB Card came with a remote.

Full blown system that plays anything and also pauses and records live satelite and terristrial tv.

DVB Card set me back 100 euros and the Graphics card was about 50 quid if i remember correctly.

Ya, thats what ya do! Plus get Expat Sheild and Hotspot Sheild so you can watch the BBC iPlayer and Hulu from you're computer!

Edit: Where did ya get the computer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Good stuff. Do you run Windows Media Centre? Any suggestions on DVB Combo card + Graphics card? Would like to try this. Sorry for hijacking thread OP.

Mad Benny wrote: »
    Good stuff. Do you run Windows Media Centre? Any suggestions on DVB Combo card + Graphics card? Would like to try this. Sorry for hijacking thread OP.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

Much better than Media Center, pulls the EPG Data from the Sky EPG Music Channel and has all the channel logos etc.

Also its backend and frontend so I have the backend and frontend installed on the media center pc, but have the frontend installed on my Laptop and my Mac on the top floor so you can use any of them just like the media center box (just like windows media extender except you can use another computer)

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr4000.html

Was what I used, might add another one so I can have more than 3 feeds going at once.

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Ya, thats what ya do! Plus get Expat Sheild and Hotspot Sheild so you can watch the BBC iPlayer and Hulu from you're computer!

Edit: Where did ya get the computer?

www.overplay.net is about the cheapest I've found for UK/US and other European setups.

Advertisement