Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's Flexiflix 15

Options
  • 02-01-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

hello guys i though i would just share this with you.

3's flexiflix 15 gives you unlimited text to any networks ( vodafone meteor tesco and o2)
    you get 60 flexiunits which can be either 60minutes or 60mb of data for free or you can have them half way.
    you also get free calls and texts to 3mobiles.
    you get all of this for 15euro a month.
    for smart phone users ya can add 500mb of data for 4.99euro.

compare this plan to meteor
    Meteor are offering free meteor calls and texts with their smart lite bill pay plans if you sign up online by the end of May

So for €30 a month you get
    200 minutes
    200 texts
    free meteor talk and text
    1 gb of internet
    no contract

thought this was a good offer especially for smart phone users

Go for flexiflix 15 its a bargain.

I'll put it this way for 15e a month you get unlimited texts

this is only for new customers only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Don't see why anyone would sign up to this when you look at their current PAYG option.

Top up by 20 = free texts to any network, free calls to any network on the weekends and you can use your credit to buy 500mb data bundles at 4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Don't see why anyone would sign up to this when you look at their current PAYG option.

Top up by 20 = free texts to any network, free calls to any network on the weekends and you can use your credit to buy 500mb data bundles at 4.99.

I though you only get either unlimited texts.

Could you really buy 500mb of data with your €20 topup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

That's what I do.

Just buy credit as/when I need it and use the 500mb data bundle.

Although, 3's actual 3G network is complete sh1te so I barely get any joy out of the 500mb at all.

Oh I didnt know that.
    I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭legomanx51v

Vertakill wrote: »
    That's what I do.

Although, 3's actual 3G network is complete sh1te so I barely get any joy out of the 500mb at all.

i was seriously considering switching to 3 just because of their 500mb data bundle.
    where do you mostly get poor reception? don't say its in dublin city centre, because thats where ill need it most!!!
    With o2 right now and their 3g is nearly always at full, rarely ever drops below half reception..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Dont forget to add in hidden costs. e.g. Voicemail costs about 17c a minute or something and if you go over your mnutes you get charged a fortune for calls. Steer clear o 3 Billpay. I wish I had!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Yes, you really can. This is the only reason I moved to 3 and for my usage it's perfect..

I'm defiatelu going for the flexifix offer. Voicemail's are free on flexiflix 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I'm on the 25 per month best of both option. Best bit for me is that I can use my free texts and my mins/internet when i'm up north! As i've a woman in belfast its very handy. only phone option which allows me to. I can also ring UK numbers with my bundled minutes, mobiles anyway! This wasn't the case initially it would take it out of my credit! So i don't know whats changed! I also give her a three prepay sim so i can ring her for free all the time.
    So for €25 per month I get 200 mins to any number (uk mobiles also - does anybody else know if they get numbers to uk mobiles included? I don't think i should!), unlimited texts to any numbers (irish only) and 3000 mins to 'three' mobile numbers. the 200mins can be used as mb either....

Worst thing about them is trying to get the deposit back after 6 months.... have to ring etc. and then they say it takes 20 working days or something crazy stupid like that to send out the cheque.... had similar issues when looking for deposit back from my broadband trial..... really tarnishes the company for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

If your on the flexifix plan you can use your Flexiunits for internet, 1 unit = 1mb. I'm a heavy texter so 200 units on my phone for 20euro does me perfect for net and calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Vertakill wrote: »
    That's what I do.

That may be true for Afghanistan or somewhere, but I personally (And I too live in County Kildare btw) have BRILLIANT 3G AND HDSPA coverage with 3.

I left O2 in Aug of last year, and 3 have managed to get my bills down from 260-300 a month :eek: from O2, to just 95-105 a month with them.

Now, I am on the top plan with three, but I use my phone ALOT for business.

I travel the 32 counties with work, on a daily/weekly basis. I can vouch for threes coverage and pricing 110%!

(I am involved with 3 in no way whatsoever btw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I live between Wexford and Dublin and find that I often can't get a 3G signal. Its not the phone either as i've used 4 or 5 phones since i've been with 3. It is definitely not as good a signal as Vodafone or O2

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

I live in Dublin and have a holiday house in Wexford and I visit my Sister up in Belfast frequently as well. Signal is perfect. Far better than Meteor & 02

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I live in Dublin and have a holiday house in Wexford and I visit my Sister up in Belfast frequently as well. Signal is perfect. Far better than Meteor & 02

Does your sister have a uk mobile? can you ring it using your minutes? I can and think this is strange that calls to uk mobiles are included! especially when the texts aren't! And they don't advertise this, and it use not be the case, it used to come out of my credit....

Different opinions on this.
    Does the freetext's include mms messages.

cheers

Advertisement