Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A request to the good people of boards.ie

Options
  • 12-11-2004 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondered if any of you might be able to help me out.

For my sins I agreed to dress up as Ms. Clause for the Santa Strike Force Christmas Party. However I've been unable to locate a costume for myself or the gent who's due to be Santa Clause.

So if anyone knows where I may be able to find these costumes or has either of these costumes lying about (or could even rustle something up for us!) we would be very much obliged!

Thanks in advance

Amz :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Paint your nurse's outfit red and glue on some fur trimming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Sarky wrote:
    Paint your nurse's outfit red and glue on some fur trimming?
    /rubs thighs with glee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

oh dear god yes!!!!
    i wholeheartedly agree with that suggestion. anything to see amz in that outfit again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

*whimper*

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

This will sound really weird, but I swear I am not making it up!

The Dublin Free Ads paper - usually in the Herald or the Indo on a Thursday, if I recall - has two pages in the centre of small ads. Santa suits now have a category to themselves. I hope that helps!

• Advertisement

That's great!

Thanks elbee :)

At least somebody here is sensible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I liked my idea more...

Well if you can supply me with red paint that will suitably cover the PVC on my nurses outfit and some fur trimming then I'll do that Sarky, otherwise I'll have to go the old fashioned route.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

hey!
    heres an idea! get a cheap red skirt (pennies might have one) and any red top and glue fur around the edges. you can get fur really cheap in trimmings in town (its beside the arch into temple bar!) for the guy, how about you get a pair of loose red pj's and add fur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

there's a fancy dress hire shop on a lane behind the AIB on Baggot Street, can't remember what its called but I got a Mrs Clause outfit from there before, they have loads of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Amzy amz, there's a party supply place in Swords nexto Harvey Norman. They might have what you're looking for! Around this time of year they'd do costumes and stuff aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ad hoc in temple bar are now stocking sexeh pvc santa clause-y type dresses.

you could get one for all occasions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

body paint TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 somechick

Asha in de Green usually stock a v.v.sexy Red PVC Santa-girl outfit, complete with white fur trim and hat.
    you could try that one, guaranteed to get you a nice xmas bonus at least!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

my friend and her motehr have mrs.clause outfits (don't ask)

Hehe thanks guys!

/me takes notes

Trojan has kindly ordered an outfit for me over t'internet so hopefully that one works out ok. Otherwise I shall be a very er ... strange lookin' Mrs. Clause (Particularly since it's a family event! I can see a lot of disgusted mothers!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 marls

In case da internet order doesn't work out - spotted some adults and kids Santa outfits in Pound World in Swords yesterday €5 ... BARGAIN! :D

Advertisement