Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Comb Over

• 15-11-2004 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

We've all seen them, the last few strands of hair vainly attempting to cover a glistening scalp. Some come from the side, arc over the top and straggle down to meet their cousins somewhere near the back of the ear. Other varieties start at the back and swirl forward to the forehead take a detour down the other side before heading back to the the nape of the neck. There are I'm sure other styles that defy my powers of description. The one common factor is liberal amounts of some sort of hair oil fighting a losing battle against the wind to keep hair plastered to the scalp.
    Vanity is a terrible thing. Stupidity is worse. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

my archaeology tutor has a terrible fluffy comb over. the hair is so thin and light it floats around when he moves and stuff.
    its hard not to spend the entire tutorial laughing tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Mach 3 is your only man.

It is MUCH easier to shave your head that any other part of you body.
    Once you get good at it you don't need a mirror, which means you can do it in the shower along with your face (tip : soften up your beard in the shower before you shave and not only is it much easier with less (none) irritation but the razor lasts 3 times longer too.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The thing with swoops (I think) is the fact that these horrendous slivers of hair wedge seem to appear slowly over time. Therefore people create this comb over slowly as they get more bald. I just don't think that these people wake up one day and say:

"Hey, I think I'll comb my hair THIS way and see if it makes me look hairy again!"

And probably no one points out to them that they look... really silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

combover_dog.jpgcombover_guy.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

The dog clearly has some new growth going on underneath the Bobby Charlton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

A lecturer I used to have had this really badly fitting hair piece - it was terrible! I used to just sit there in class waiting for it to fall off! We had another lecturer once who came in and poured liquid nitrogen all over the floor, but thats a different story :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

That dog looks so unhappy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

no...YOU look so unhappy. (so pleased with my stupid comment)

Advertisement