Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Haircuts

• 05-11-2004 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Was just wondering,where can i get a cheap haircut. I have long hair and all I need is just a trim..so I wouldn't want to go to Peter Mark just to have a trim and pay E42..so anyone who knows where to get one, pls pls tell me...I'm desperate for a haircut..well,actually,just a trim. Thanks

*mush appreciated*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

This has just got me thinking, if u went to a barber they would cut your hair for the same price as a guy's... Like €12??

Phone one of them up? ;) There just as qualified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

hey, i run a barbers near the fosters avenue gate to ucd, and i will give you a haircut for free...!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

any barbers!! Yes barbers!!!! Get it done there..ok not any barbers.. one that has a good stylist there... maybe a girl who failed at being a stylist so just cuts mens hair. I have seen it before. Wespoint gym in Blanch is a good choice, the guy from NI is great and the girl is good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

This has just got me thinking, if u went to a barber they would cut your hair for the same price as a guy's... Like €12??

Phone one of them up? ;) There just as qualified!

you mean they also do for girls??..are u sure..i didnt know that..

sportswear wrote:
    hey, i run a barbers near the fosters avenue gate to ucd, and i will give you a haircut for free...!!

Go on my son, Your in! You ledg bag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

sportswear wrote:

Where exactly? The only shops near Fosters Ave. that I can think of are the VW Garage and Spar? :eek:

Saruman wrote:
    any barbers!! Yes barbers!!!! Get it done there..ok not any barbers.. one that has a good stylist there... maybe a girl who failed at being a stylist so just cuts mens hair. I have seen it before. Wespoint gym in Blanch is a good choice, the guy from NI is great and the girl is good too.

Hmm..where is that exctly..I'm staying near the city centre..so I would prefer going somewhere near there..but since you said that any barber can actually do for girls and they are as qualified..I guess I should just go in whichever barber I think is appropriate and have it done there..

They never say anything about only doing mens, they can't discriminate. Also, there would be guy's with longer hair than some girls!

Also, you'd be treated like a queen, a place that used to only having men in it. They'd be fighting over you!! ;):);)

yeah..i suppose so..hhahaha..that would be somekind of a trip to the barber.heheh..anyways..thanks guys..

*much appreciated*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i just get my mum or a mate to trim my hair, its really not that difficult, all they need is a steady hand.
    plus its free!
    although tbh i never though of the barber's idea... would be a good 'un

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

watch out for the "who's the transo?" looks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

yea i just cut mine myself too and get one of my mates to cut the back of it!

Us students need all the money we can get.. cant go spending it on silly things like haircuts :p

I'm a student myself..but I'm not that confident in cutting my own hair..guess I dont have the steady hands.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

Lady^Jane wrote:
    I'm a student myself..but I'm not that confident in cutting my own hair..guess I dont have the steady hands.. :D

Ah one of your mates must?

If it all goes wrong, just say its supposed to be like that... its the new "in" hair cut ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

I always get a dry cut at whatever hairdresser happens to be nearest. Not very adventurous with my hair it must be said :o I got my hair cut at a haidresser up the road from me the other day for €15 (plus an oh so generous fiver tip as I was expecting it to me €20 anyway!! :p ) I can't understand paying €40 for a haircut with a nice blowdry unless I had a really special occasion coming up (which is never ..ho hum!!).

D&#233 wrote: »
    I always get a dry cut at whatever hairdresser happens to be nearest. Not very adventurous with my hair it must be said :o I got my hair cut at a haidresser up the road from me the other day for €15 (plus an oh so generous fiver tip as I was expecting it to me €20 anyway!! :p ) I can't understand paying €40 for a haircut with a nice blowdry unless I had a really special occasion coming up (which is never ..ho hum!!).

thats great for u..cant find any cheap hairdresser near my place..so where issit about??..maybe i can give it a visit..

Lady^Jane wrote:
    thats great for u..cant find any cheap hairdresser near my place..so where issit about??..maybe i can give it a visit..

Where are you? I'm in Dublin at the moment and live in Milltown. The hairdresser is in Windy Arbour, but I used to live in Stillorgan and there were always a few small salons around. Nothing too fancy, just go in, sit down and get the hair cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

you could always give the hair dresser schools a buzz ... think theres a peter mark one in stephans green, and a toni and guy one on clarenden street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

yeah my fringe desperately needs a trim but I hate doing it myself cos I always make an arse of it, but I hate paying for a cut just to have the fringe done.

yeah my fringe desperately needs a trim but I hate doing it myself cos I always make an arse of it, but I hate paying for a cut just to have the fringe done.

same here..heheh..i just dont get it why do we have to pay so much just for a cut..why cant they put a price just for trimming hairs..gosh!!!

BTW, i went to the peter mark school thingy..and they said they dont do trimming..what they do is just cutting your hair into some kind of weird fashion..i went there once..and all i got was this crooked hair..and now i cant do anything to it but to trim it... :mad:

• Advertisement

D&#233 wrote: »
    Where are you? I'm in Dublin at the moment and live in Milltown. The hairdresser is in Windy Arbour, but I used to live in Stillorgan and there were always a few small salons around. Nothing too fancy, just go in, sit down and get the hair cut.

i'm staying somewhere in rathmines..

Go to http://www.goldenpages.ie/Search.asp and you can look up all hairdressers in your area.

Advertisement