Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Menopause - hot flushes

• 19-02-2020 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi all

New to this forum, so I hope this is the right place.

As per the title, I have the unending joy of hot flushes about every 45 mins. For a myriad of reasons, I can't take HRT.

A nurse friend recommended Shatavari root powder to help minimise these. So I have purchased some and now am looking for any recommendations on how to get this stuff into me :D. Most of the Googling is saying add it to milk, add sugar/honey and drink, but I HATE milk so I am wondering if anyone has ever taken Shatavari and how you added it to your diet?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Hi - anyone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

You need to speak to your GP about the condition.

No medical advice allowed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Thanks for your reply. I’m not looking for medical advice, I’m looking for ideas on how to mix the powder with food/drink to make it palatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Gormal

½ teaspoon of Shatavari Powder into ½ of a cup of tepid water in the AM & PM, at least 1-2 hours away from meals. Put it in a smoothie maybe if it's unpleasant or down in one go.

Personally I use sage, it can be taken in tablet form. Or I just make tea and drink it hot or cold and seems to balance my temperature out. Plus I can throw the herb into cooking.

Advertisement