Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanovitae Swimming pool Liffey Valley

Options
  • 16-01-2020 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

€15 euro for an off peak swim. Off peak times 9am to 4pm. I was given the excuse that they cannot segregate the gym from the pool...
    Surely colour wrist bands of a sort would do the trick... yellow for swimming, red for gym?
    Two city center pools off peak charge €7.50...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I'd imagine the price is higher to discourage the locals attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

I'd imagine the price is higher to discourage the locals attending.

You maybe right. Although the locals had a swimming pool at the back of liffey valley a few years back. Don't think the locals were too bothered with it enough to keep it open. Got turned into apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

The OP is leaving out important information

Its €15 for an off peak all areas pass that can be used from 9am to 4pm.

The fact that the OP only wanted to swim is neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

silver2020 wrote: »

In the city centre Gym + swim regardless of time is 7.50 .. 15 quid is extortionate

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

silver2020 wrote: »

No, I'm not leaving out important information.
    I included that colour wrist bands could be used in the case to segregate users between the gym and swimming pool.
    I emphasised that I was only interested in a one off swim at off peak time - pay as you go, but Sanovitae Liffey Valley used the excuse that they are unable to segregate both Gym and pool, whereby the charge becomes €15 for a swim whereby in my case i have no interest in using the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

reg114 wrote: »
    In the city centre Gym + swim regardless of time is 7.50
    Is the 7.50 for a 9-4pm pass for all that time? (i.e. not a 1 hour swim session), and does it have equivalent gym facilities?

If so then the 15 does sound relatively expensive.

Otherwise its like saying I got charged €15 for a small bowl of steam rice, as I went to a fancyish all you can eat chinese. And I could have got the same small bowl of rice in a lower quality all you can eat chinese for €7.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

You maybe right. Although the locals had a swimming pool at the back of liffey valley a few years back. Don't think the locals were too bothered with it enough to keep it open. Got turned into apartments.

That was Liffey Valley Fitness, I used to lifeguard there when it first opened. Wasn't open to non members when I worked there, precisely to keep the local troublemakers out!

As an aside, those 'apartments' never had planning permission and council has been refusing to pay HAP for the tenants living in them. Owned by a fella with a dodgy past too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/threat-of-destitution-looms-over-more-than-40-families-1.3439754

Advertisement