Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compact powerful flashlight IMALENT LD10 XPL-HI 1200L €19.66 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

There have been a few torch threads recently.

How good are these yokes?
    Do they need special batteries or anything?
    There are images in the ad, but are they enhanced?
    Stated range is 247m or something like that. How realistic is that?

Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did you buy it?

Yeah, I bought it in the cyberweek deal with another code but without the 'free' extra flashlight - for €20.22
    Soarer wrote: »
    There have been a few torch threads recently.

How good are these yokes?
    Do they need special batteries or anything?
    There are images in the ad, but are they enhanced?
    Stated range is 247m or something like that. How realistic is that?

Sorry for all the questions.
    This one in particular is very compact. It is about the size of my thumb.

This comes with a rechargeable battery built in.
    I was going to mention that it has modes, but..
    LED: Cree XPL HI
    Maximum luminous flux: 1200 Lumens
    Mode: 1200L, 800L, 500L, 150L, ​​10L
    Case Material: Aluminum Alloy
    Impact Resistance - 1.5 m
    Waterproof: IPX-8 (2 meters immersion)
    Glass: mineral, anti-reflective coating
    Reflector: Aluminum OP Reflector
    Weight: 58g (with battery)
    Size: 72 mm x 22.5 mm

It's not going to match any flashlight for €150+ etc.

For a thumb sized flashlight it is very impressive. With turbo and strobe mode. 247m would be accurate enough.
    It has the manufactured date imprinted on it, and to be honest, there would be one or two things I would like to know more about...
    If the battery inside died, how to change it, and if the magnetic contacts failed how to repair that (although I think both are an easy enough fix).
    The whole unit is almost identical in size to a 18650 Battery (tiny bit bigger than nitecore tup/tip).
    There is a display on this to tell you which mode you are on and how much batter left (you can also press the button 3 times to see battery usage). It has most of what you would expect in a decent flashlight accounted for in a more expensive unit.
    It has a built-in 18350 battery with a capacity of 850 mAh. Charging time for a fully discharged battery (2.8V) when the flashlight no longer turns on at all, to fully charged, is roughly an hour and 20 minutes.

For the size of this and what it offers, the price is very good (not including the free flashlight).

But you could buy a slightly bigger unit for around €11 - E.G. the convoy S2, but that comes without any battery or display unit, and is not nearly as compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Good stuff.

So for the young fella going on hikes with Beavers or whatever, this would be good for small hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Soarer wrote: »
    Good stuff.

So for the young fella going on hikes with Beavers or whatever, this would be good for small hands?
    Yep, and comes with a little strap too that can be tightened around the wrist. Not sure if a headlight may better suit something like that to keep his hands free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement