Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General rip off examples

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Eir - ****ing robbing bastards.

Last year I signed up for Eirsports so I could get BT Sports for Sky. It was 240 for 12 months.

During the summer they lost the rights to BT Sport, so my sub was basically useless (although they got the rights back a month later, but refused to put it back in the package). I bought it through Sky again as it was an option.

So anyway, last week the year was up, and they attempted to charge my card for another year (Lucky that card was expired) - 260 they wanted.

The only way to get rid of them was sign up to a 9.99/month deal and cancel after two months (for a service I will never use)

Eircon. The scummiest company in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

L1011 wrote: »
    What you claim isn't happeningand even if it was you might end up down a few cent over a year. Till systems do the rounding automatically and one or two confused posters or posters reporting an occasional mistake doesn't mean it isn't being done properly the bulk of the time. Also - if you think there's any advantage to a retailer in holding on to at most five cent, in coin, on a fraction of transactions you have no idea of the cost and effort of coin handling.

Just pay by card if it annoys you that much. Or ask for your change and probably get 5c back as they don't have the small coins. Which most people will promptly fire in to a jar to never spend again

Any yet plenty of posts on this thread have testified it has. No one being ripped off is "confused" as you would like to pretend, as the posters here have testified examples where they knew exactly what is going on. Cash is legal tender for now, until those who would like to control and monitor ordinary people going about their private business and confiscate and freeze their money at will have full control . . but they don't yet, so tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,536 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have been given two potential methods to avoid losing a whole two cents.

If you think that's a rip off by any standards you live in a bubble.

Our insurance costs (due to huge payouts) are a rip off. Our mortgage rates (due to no repossessions) are a rip off.

People getting worked up and abusive over extremely rare examples of not getting 2c back is not a rip off.

It’s not about the two cents, it’s about them just being allowed to do it. The very way they were allowed to round £1 to 1.50 euro back in the currency change. It represents a wider gouging problem. Going on about the 2 cents is just being flippant to people. It shouldn’t be happening.

It’s not about the two cents, it’s about them just being allowed to do it. The very way they were allowed to round £1 to 1.50 euro back in the currency change. It represents a wider gouging problem. Going on about the 2 cents is just being flippant to people. It shouldn’t be happening.

Except it's *extremely rare*. There are a tiny few complaints about it here - and people don't post when things go right.

Our insurance costs (due to huge payouts) are a rip off. Our mortgage rates (due to no repossessions) are a rip off.

People getting worked up and abusive over extremely rare examples of not getting 2c back is not a rip off.

You mean people won't live in the control bubble you'd like create. Tough.

If you're ripped off by 2% net in every Euro transaction, that's very significant.

Just because you're either a chump or a rip off merchant yourself . . don't expect others to play along.

high_king wrote: »
    You mean people won't live in the control bubble you'd like create. Tough.

If you're ripped off by 2% net in every Euro transaction, that's very significant, you're either a chump or a rip off merchant yourself . . but don't expect others to play along.

You spend all your money on 98c products one at a time? Just ask for the change. You'll probably get a 5c coin

Please go grind your axe somewhere else. This is not a widespread issue worthy of this forum. And it is completely avoidable

You can take the conspiracy theories elsewhere too

Except it's *extremely rare*. There are a tiny few complaints about it here - and people don't post when things go right.

It isn't extremely rare. This is one thing you can't Google, it's happening all over the country. Unless it's just happening to me which is unlikely bordering on impossible.

It isn't extremely rare. This is one thing you can't Google, it's happening all over the country. Unless it's just happening to me which is unlikely bordering on impossible.

Ask for your change then. Problem solved.

• Advertisement

You spend all your money on 98c products one at a time? Just ask for the change. You'll probably get a 5c coin

Please go grind your axe somewhere else. This is not a widespread issue worthy of this forum. And it is completely avoidable

You can take the conspiracy theories elsewhere too

You can pretend what people have posted, pretend there is no issue, and then threaten people when they speak the truth . . but it won't change the truth, so ban whoever you're going to ban with your little censor button.

You can pretend what people have posted, pretend there is no issue, and then threaten people when they speak the truth . . but it won't change the truth, so ban whoever your going to ban with your little button.

You are abusively posting about a very minor issue and dragging conspiracy theories in too. So OK - don't post on this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

and whoosh over you head again . . another Turkey looking forward to Christmas dinner. The actual point you've your head in the sand about, is that we were promised and told we must believe that rounding down would be as common as rounding up, but in the rip off real world . .surprise . . surprise . .this isn't happening as plenty of posters have testified, with shops claiming they are not obliged to round down, but round up whenever it suits them.

And remember you, the customer, are within your rights to demand the 2-3 cents. Legally, the retailer MUST give all the change if you ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I bought generic paracetamol yesterday - €2.29, but I've bought it in chemists in the UK for 25p.

Which in itself is frankly slightly unbelievable, the box alone must cost nearly that! Nevertheless, they can manage it, what makes it nearly 1000% more expensive here, if I'm doing my maths right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

And remember you, the customer, are within your rights to demand the 2-3 cents. Legally, the retailer MUST give all the change if you ask.

incorrect

In fact, if you gave the retailer a €100 note for a €10 purchase, legally there is nothing whatsoever to force the retailer to return €90 change.

Good business practice does, but there is no such legal requirement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

silver2020 wrote: »
    incorrect

In fact, if you gave the retailer a €100 note for a €10 purchase, legally there is nothing whatsoever to force the retailer to return €90 change.

This is about rounding not change. You Sir are the incorrect one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

48 euro per kilo Roquefort in Sheridans.

https://sheridanscheesemongers.com/product/roquefort-aoc/

Sheridan's have a counter in my local Dunne's, I'd never buy anything there, their prices are scandalous. I prefer Crozier Blue myself, not as expensive and made up the road in Tipperary.

incorrect

Rounding is voluntary for retailers and customers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

We've been ripped off for years, if you think about it.

My local daybreak charges 1:70 for a coffee or cappachino, the shop down the road 2:70 for a regular coffee or cappachino.

This has been creeping in since the early 90's cd's in Ireland were 14 euro across the pond they were 9:99

The Newspapers in the UK were 50% cheaper back then too.

Pints were always cheaper.

I buy my fishing tackle such as hooks, swivels, beads,crimps and line from the UK online because I get nearly 60% more for my buck.

The government allow this because most of them come from a silver spoon background and have brothers, friends, cousins, in-laws running businesses.

So they'ed prefer to look after their own rather than the ordinary people.

It's gone so far now that to tackle this they'ed have to hit the reset button and put a stop to this.
    And it ain't going to happen.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact we're being screened without the decency of a reach around.

I could go on and on.

Irish fishermen and farmer's who used to be the majority of people who were making money for decades.
    The co-op s in the fishing industry were very attractive, I applied for an apprenticeship in Board Iasci Mhara in 1993 as a deckhand a few years before our fishing rights were decimated thankfully I got the degree in Horticulture instead.

A barman used to be on good wages, now you've people pulling pints like they're pouring a glass of water.
    I stopped drinking in 2002 haven't had a drop since, but when I'm ordering a mineral and watch these numptys pour a pint it's cringe worthy.
    You'd know the difference between a professional barman's or bar persons pint to something some one else who hasn't a clue about the significance of a well poured pint.

Jayzus I better stop I could write ye a thesis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,892 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    I bought generic paracetamol yesterday - €2.29, but I've bought it in chemists in the UK for 25p.

Subsidised maybe?

nthclare wrote: »
    We've been ripped off for years, if you think about it.

My local daybreak charges 1:70 for a coffee or cappachino, the shop down the road 2:70 for a regular coffee or cappachino.

This has been creeping in since the early 90's cd's in Ireland were 14 euro across the pond they were 9:99

The Newspapers in the UK were 50% cheaper back then too.

Pints were always cheaper.

I buy my fishing tackle such as hooks, swivels, beads,crimps and line from the UK online because I get nearly 60% more for my buck.

The government allow this because most of them come from a silver spoon background and have brothers, friends, cousins, in-laws running businesses.

So they'ed prefer to look after their own rather than the ordinary people.

It's gone so far now that to tackle this they'ed have to hit the reset button and put a stop to this.
    And it ain't going to happen.

It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact we're being screened without the decency of a reach around.

I could go on and on.

Irish fishermen and farmer's who used to be the majority of people who were making money for decades.
    The co-op s in the fishing industry were very attractive, I applied for an apprenticeship in Board Iasci Mhara in 1993 as a deckhand a few years before our fishing rights were decimated thankfully I got the degree in Horticulture instead.

A barman used to be on good wages, now you've people pulling pints like they're pouring a glass of water.
    I stopped drinking in 2002 haven't had a drop since, but when I'm ordering a mineral and watch these numptys pour a pint it's cringe worthy.
    You'd know the difference between a professional barman's or bar persons pint to something some one else who hasn't a clue about the significance of a well poured pint.

Jayzus I better stop I could write ye a thesis

I’m not sure the Government can do anything but allow it. They cannot dictate what prices are charged, if they started doing that, it would be akin to communism. Differences in price between the UK and here are due to a number of factors like vat, tax, logistic costs, rent, insurance, labour costs, market size etc.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Subsidised maybe?

Maybe, but I can't imagine why it would be!

Maybe there is a logical explanation behind the massive price difference (something like the wildly differing tax regimes on alcohol ), but if there is I'd love to know what it is!

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    Maybe, but I can't imagine why it would be!

Its the only thing I can think of, as it would make sense, but I could be wrong, wouldn't surprise me if they were all made in the same factory, possibly in Ireland.

Ah tax is a funny one, and tax on highly addictive substances is even more strange, you d have to wonder, does it really achieve objectives

Its the only thing I can think of, as it would make sense, but I could be wrong, wouldn't surprise me if they were all made in the same factory, possibly in Ireland.

Ah tax is a funny one, and tax on highly addictive substances is even more strange, you d have to wonder, does it really achieve objectives

Well an addict will go to any lengths to satisfy the addiction, so they've that one summed up nicely.

Theses bell end's think they'ed play the moral Mary by saying to lay people, hiking the price of addictive substance's will stop them because they won't be able to afford it.

The know that an addict will do any thing to get their fix ANYTHING if it's within their moral compass.

The average person think's addiction can be cured with taxes and hiking up price's, but the marketing and actuaries and similar professional ilk know how to make money, and I mean big money.

The emperor's New clothes for sure.

nthclare wrote:
    Well an addict will go to any lengths to satisfy the addiction, so they've that one summed up nicely.

Taxation certainly won't solve addiction anyway, but it probably is an element to dealing with it, it alone is a disaster though, but it seems, that's what we re trying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭McCrack

Definitely. Go into the local off licence to get some vodka and cigarettes for before a night out and end up spending €25

Went to the bagel factory today and had €5 change from €20 out of two bagels, one crisps and a soft drink

You really notice it when you go to other countries, anywhere really, Germany for example, transport is cheap as is food in supermarkets, alcohol, fags etc

Even UK, 8 pounds for a box of cigarettes. €13.50 here....

Well yes, youre buying excised items and garbage so expect to pay excessively for it

Taxation certainly won't solve addiction anyway, but it probably is an element to dealing with it, it alone is a disaster though, but it seems, that's what we re trying

Most smokers or exe addict's I know usually switch from the fags,drink and drug's to healthy living which is good.

But when you mix a pastime or hobby with an addictive personality, you've a great spender.

I often wonder is it our spending habits that are a bit off the wall too.

Give me 10,000 euro and a day in Dublin and I'd happily spend it on electronic goods, outdoor gear, clobber, I'm lusting for a pair of redwing iron rangers at the moment and two bellstaf biker Jackets, speaker's really warm sounding speaker's... Patagonia Jackets hiking Boots etc, chesterfield leather armchair s for the living room lol
    A summer and winter Patagonia wetsuit would easily cost 1000 euro,along with gloves and other gorgeous smelling neoprene...

Then head to Henry's fishing tackle shop in Ballybock and buy a pair of new century tip tornado match rod's another 1000 euro or more easily...
    Oh and I'd top it all off with a tattoo too...

Yes I love spending, I won't deny it I do.

I as well as anyone else love's nice things but quality...

Have you ever opened up a box of new electronic equipment such as a pair of high end speakers, or an amplifier just breathe in that smell of new home entertainment kit....it's like manna from heaven :) electronics smell way better than a new car for sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

nthclare wrote: »
    Most smokers or exe addict's I know usually switch from the fags,drink and drug's to healthy living which is good.

But when you mix a pastime or hobby with an addictive personality, you've a great spender.

I often wonder is it our spending habits that are a bit off the wall too.

Give me 10,000 euro and a day in Dublin and I'd happily spend it on electronic goods, outdoor gear, clobber, I'm lusting for a pair of redwing iron rangers at the moment and two bellstaf biker Jackets, speaker's really warm sounding speaker's... Patagonia Jackets hiking Boots etc, chesterfield leather armchair s for the living room lol
    A summer and winter Patagonia wetsuit would easily cost 1000 euro,along with gloves and other gorgeous smelling neoprene...

Then head to Henry's fishing tackle shop in Ballybock and buy a pair of new century tip tornado match rod's another 1000 euro or more easily...
    Oh and I'd top it all off with a tattoo too...

Yes I love spending, I won't deny it I do.

I as well as anyone else love's nice things but quality...

Have you ever opened up a box of new electronic equipment such as a pair of high end speakers, or an amplifier just breathe in that smell of new home entertainment kit....it's like manna from heaven :) electronics smell way better than a new car for sure...

Totally off topic, why do you go for Patagonia wetsuits ? Are many brands not way better ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

€2.29 is probably for a pack of 12 in comparison 16 i think you Can get up north for 25p. Apparently it's an issue with licensing, they can't get their own brand ultra cheap generics in for whatever reason. If you go to Boots or Superdrug in the UK they have own brand everything really but the pharmacy industry here is fairly protected tbh. There is no push from Any of the big retailers to get the super cheap stuff here cause we will happily pay for the more expensive stuff. It's madness but not something that will change in the short term

Which in itself is frankly slightly unbelievable, the box alone must cost nearly that! Nevertheless, they can manage it, what makes it nearly 1000% more expensive here, if I'm doing my maths right?
    duffman13 wrote: »
    €2.29 is probably for a pack of 12 in comparison 16 i think you Can get up north for 25p. Apparently it's an issue with licensing, they can't get their own brand ultra cheap generics in for whatever reason. If you go to Boots or Superdrug in the UK they have own brand everything really but the pharmacy industry here is fairly protected tbh. There is no push from Any of the big retailers to get the super cheap stuff here cause we will happily pay for the more expensive stuff. It's madness but not something that will change in the short term

For toiletries and generic drugs it's well worth stopping into a Savers up north, there's one in Newry which is handy to get to from the A1 if you take the exit that takes you past the hospital.
    Generic Ibuprofen and Paracetamol is great but they also do 7 one-a-day allergy tablets for 49p and I think 14 for 79p. All the day-to-day stuff is mental cheap and well worth stocking up on. Sensodyne which is nearly €6 is I think £2.99. Hair dye, fancy shampoos, all way, way cheaper.
    (I'm just south of the border so nip up about every 6 weeks to stock up on all toiletries.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

This is about rounding not change. You Sir are the incorrect one.

the poster said the retailer legally MUST give the change.

That is incorrect. Doesn't matter is its 1c or €90, there is no legal obligation on a retailer to provide any change. Hence the poster say that "legally the retailer MUST give change" is entirely incorrect.

• Advertisement

6541 wrote: »
    Totally off topic, why do you go for Patagonia wetsuits ? Are many brands not way better ?

I've a few C-skins O Neil's and xel Drylocks although what I like about the new Patagonia they're easier to repair, use good quality neoprene and man they're cosy, borrowed one off a friend he's my size.
    More flexible and easier to paddle out in.
    My favourite wetsuit is actually the 5/4 reflex bodyboarding wetsuit there's no rubber in front eliminating any tares from bouncing off the board and getting leak's, but I prefer to maybe get a Patagonia this winter.

What do you use yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

the poster said the retailer legally MUST give the change.

That is incorrect. Doesn't matter is its 1c or €90, there is no legal obligation on a retailer to provide any change. Hence the poster say that "legally the retailer MUST give change" is entirely incorrect.

Not going to get into an argument with you, but this very thing was a topic recently on Liveliness. Some legal person was on stating that retailers Mustgive exact change if the purchaser wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭wassie

Over the counter medicines a classic example of the restricted competition in this country and the nanny state we are live in. Nothing sh!ts me more than being told 'sorry sir, we cant sell you more because the Govt doesnt trust you'.

Was in Aus a while back, could get a generic box of 100 tablets of paracetamol (500mg) for AUD$2.49.....Thats €1.55 or 1.55c

wassie wrote: »
    Over the counter medicines in this country is a classic example of the restricted competition in this country and the nanny state we are live in. Nothing sh!ts me more than being told 'sorry sir, we cant sell you more because the Govt doesnt trust you'.

Was in Aus a while back, could get a generic box of 100 tablets of paracetamol (500mg) for AUD$2.49.....Thats €1.55 or 1.55c each!

well we could remove all 'restrictions' on addictive substances, and see what happens!

The cost of licencing medications for the Irish market versus the size of the market is a barrier to entry for cheap suppliers and allows the other suppliers to continue to charge more basically

well we could remove all 'restrictions' on addictive substances, and see what happens!

Restricting access at shop counter level doesn't address the rip-off element though.

Although pricing of alcohol and more so cigarettes does seem to be an attempt to control consumption.

But my initial point was the 1000% price difference in an identical product between Ireland and the UK.

(I think I quoted the wrong post here, but you get my point hopefully!

The cost of licencing medications for the Irish market versus the size of the market is a barrier to entry for cheap suppliers and allows the other suppliers to continue to charge more basically

But as a poster mentioned earlier, we have Boots here - they can supply a box of paracetamol for 25p in the UK, why not the equivalent price here?

But as a poster mentioned earlier, we have Boots here - they can supply a box of paracetamol for 25p in the UK, why not the equivalent price here?

Boots cannot just bring lorry loads of pharmaceuticals from their warehouse in the UK into Ireland. I doubt Boots actually make the tablets, they just package them in Boots branded boxes. Pharmaceuticals come from Distributors and it is well known that due to the small size of the Irish market, the Distributors charge a lot more than they do to supply the much larger UK market. The price disparity of meds in UK/Irish markets is a topic regularly covered in the media, particularly because the HSE is a huge purchaser of these more expensive meds.

Because the product isn't licenced here and the HPRA would charge Rather A Lot to do so. If they did licence it they'd want to make that cost back in a higher price.

As Dav010 points out Boots probably aren't making the product - they sold their consumer OTC production division (Nurofen, Strepsils, E45 and others) over a decade ago and their prescription medication production division in the 1990s.

Not all the price difference is down to licencing costs, some of it is pure profit-taking by companies that know they've relatively limited competitors or likelihood of further competitors coming in. There were calls to just accept UK product authorisations but that won't work after January/another future date anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€2.29 is probably for a pack of 12 in comparison 16 i think you Can get up north for 25p.
    I get 24 for a 1 euro in my nearest pharmacy, purepharmacy were doing 24 for 90cent, not sure if that is still on.

https://www.purepharmacy.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭bmc58

Thought there might be a general thread for pics of the odd rip-off you see here and there which aren't worthy of a new thread every time..........Couldn't find one, so here we go:

Spar Merrion Row. Who in their right mind is paying this for a standard packet of biscuits?

493447.jpg

edit: image was huge, trying to resize it now

Bit too pricey for me for a packet of McVities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭bmc58

In fairness, these are €2.59 in tesco, so not a big difference considering the extra costs of a convenience store

All things considered not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

I am following this thread with interest. You know gouging is going on and we are in boom 2.0. Go to any petrol station and get a coffee and a sandwich. You will now pay over ten to fifteen euro . I just refuse to pay this, for sh1t coffee and a roll made of total crap.

I am following this thread with interest. You know gouging is going on and we are in boom 2.0. Go to any petrol station and get a coffee and a sandwich. You will now pay over ten to fifteen euro . I just refuse to pay this, for sh1t coffee and a roll made of total crap.

Can you give some examples of outlets charging this much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s boll***s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

M&S clothes.

Suit - Ireland: €260
    UK: £199 or €230

I presume they give the excuse of transportation costs etc.. but it's bullsh*t when you consider say the Newry store in the North and the Drogheda store in the South are 40 minutes apart.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/blue-checked-tailored-fit-suit/p/ds9a9804b9e835a9e27f7063666437cfb5

https://www.marksandspencer.com/blue-checked-tailored-fit-suit/p/ds9a9804b9e835a9e27f7063666437cfb5?prevPage=srp

marvin80 wrote: »
    M&S clothes.

Suit - Ireland: €260
    UK: £199 or €230

I presume they give the excuse of transportation costs etc.. but it's bullsh*t when you consider say the Newry store in the North and the Drogheda store in the South are 40 minutes apart.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/blue-checked-tailored-fit-suit/p/ds9a9804b9e835a9e27f7063666437cfb5

https://www.marksandspencer.com/blue-checked-tailored-fit-suit/p/ds9a9804b9e835a9e27f7063666437cfb5?prevPage=srp

Would goods from abroad not come through customs in Irish Ports/Airports rather then on a lorry from Newry?

You could also look at the differences in trading costs between North and South, plus M&S in the North is considered part of the overall UK market for pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

ANY of the garage "shops", loads of examples, but a small bottle of Coke for €1.80/1.90/1.95 is ridiculous when priced against a 2litre bottle in the supermarket.
    But I think the biggest rip-off ever invented is the "rounding up" lark, where something is priced at €4.97, you hand in a fiver but get no change. It really boils my piss! :mad: I can honestly say that for every time I've been "rounded down", I've been "rounded up" 15 or 20 times.
    But there's probably a separate thread for that one!

4.97 is rounded down if the rounding is done correctly, you can always pay with Card, no rounded for card transactions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭wassie

My example was about the price of 'over the counter medicines' which, as as far as I am aware, none are addictive, so Im not sure what your point is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Deub

Some rip offs are sometimes marketing. “Selling” pizzas, chocolate boxes 100% more expensive than competitors for a month and then suddenly they are half price with big signs showing there is a “good” promotion that you cannot miss.

You often see this with easter eggs. They start selling them way before easter and they are on promotion right on time when you want to buy them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement