Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SanDisk Ultra Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 100 MB/s 256GB for €36.90 + post Amazon Spain

Options
  • 22-05-2018 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

Shipping is €7.52 for one.

Total for one is €45.04 delivered, or two for €82.60 (€41.30 each)

SanDisk Ultra Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 100 MB/s 256GB for €36.90
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00YFI1A66/
    USB 3.0 enabled (USB 2.0 compatible) - up to 10x faster than standard USB 2.0
    Transfer a full-length movie in less than 40 seconds
    Password-protects and encrypts private files with SanDisk SecureAccess software
    Available in 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB capacities
    Operating temperature 0 degree to 45 degree in Celsius. Storage temperature minus 10 degree to 70 degree in Celsius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Christ, I'm sure I still have a 128MB one lying around somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah my first one was a 128mb when 64mb was the norm so it cost me £80

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think my first PC had a 8gb hard drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

My first PC had 2 by 720K floppy disks and a box of 10 disks was about 25 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

sydthebeat wrote: »

You must be a young lad. :D

I remember buying a new pc and persuading the supplier in return for lots of dosh to upgrade the hdd to a 1.2gb hdd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't need this, I've a box full of USB keys and usually don't bother with anything over 16gb cause I've everything else on a remote server that's remotely accessible.

Ordered, damn you

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't need this, I've a box full of USB keys and usually don't bother with anything over 16gb cause I've everything else on a remote server that's remotely accessible.

Ordered, damn you

ditto, all round.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

You must be a young lad. :D

I remember buying a new pc and persuading the supplier in return for lots of dosh to upgrade the hdd to a 1.2gb hdd.

And the first PC I had with a hard disk had 30 Mb in a box the size of a large shoe box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Warning... I've had a few of these Sanny Ultra drives. I got rid of them all and went to the Sanny Extreme drives as you will never see the claimed 100mb transfer rate out of the ultra. Painfully slow compared to the extreme. I now have 2x 64gb and a 128 extreme and they are the best drives I've ever had (150+mb/s compared to the ultra, 30-50 mb/s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Temporalmente sin stock.

Which I guess is temporarily out of stock :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Warning... I've had a few of these Sanny Ultra drives. I got rid of them all and went to the Sanny Extreme drives as you will never see the claimed 100mb transfer rate out of the ultra. Painfully slow compared to the extreme. I now have 2x 64gb and a 128 extreme and they are the best drives I've ever had (150+mb/s compared to the ultra, 30-50 mb/s)

Couldn't agree more, I have a 16gb one of these and it's sh1te! Filling up 256gb will break your heart! My next purchase will definitely be an extreme!

Painfully slow compared to the extreme.
    branners69 wrote: »
    I have a 16gb one of these and it's sh1te! Filling up 256gb will break your heart!

As it's out of stock, and given the comments above, I think I will abandon ship. and cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

As it's out of stock, and given the comments above, I think I will abandon ship. and cancel.

Not comparing exactly like for like as these are the 16gb versions. But the write speed of the extreme is 600% faster over the ultra! Madness!

http://usb.userbenchmark.com/Compare/SanDisk-Ultra-USB-30-16GB-vs-SanDisk-Extreme-USB-30-16GB/1658vs1301

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Jesus, I recall going into peats in Parnell st in the early 90s to purchase a 3.5” HDD for an ABB robot in work - emergency. I’m almost certain that the failed drive was approx 128-256 MB. Guy in store said he only had a 1GB unit.

I clearly remember thinking “what a waste, putting a massive drive into a machine that would never utilize it fully”. How times have changed.

I remember loading and saving to cassette tapes!

anyways, decent size for the money but seems to be on the slow side (review for smaller size but same product)

https://www.hardwarebbq.com/sandisk-ultra-64gb-usb-3-0-flash-drive-review/6/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

sydthebeat wrote: »

My first computer had an 8Mb Western Digital ISA add-on card........
    I kept it- its fully 36" long.......... It cost me IR£450 at the time............
    I'm old...........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I kept it- its fully 36" long......... It cost me IR£450 at the time............
    I'm old...........

Get up the yard! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have one of these I use with my DJ stuff and it's fine for copying all my tracks to and from, I paid nearly 66 for it a few weeks ago so this is a bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

I kept it- its fully 36" long.......... It cost me IR£450 at the time............
    I'm old...........

Gotta be with more than that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

I've started to use micro sd cards in a usb card. Great for moving large footage files to my tv.

You can get 64G Samsung Ultras and Extreme with terrific write speeds for very decent prices - and I can reuse the Micro-cards in my Phone, Camera, RPi, game consoles and Drones as needed.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ozmo wrote: »
    I've started to use micro sd cards in a usb card. Great for moving large footage files to my tv.

You can get 64G Samsung Ultras and Extreme with terrific write speeds for very decent prices - and I can reuse the Micro-cards in my Phone, Camera, RPi, game consoles and Drones as needed.

Have you found any issue with them overheating when doing large transfers?
    I've issues with 6-7-8gb database files (they do copy- but the rate drops to zero while they cool down and takes off again etc etc) Transfer rate for smaller files- is just astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Thanks OP - I received mine in the post today.

Ordered from Spain, sent from sunny Dublin 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Have you found any issue with them overheating when doing large transfers?... the rate drops to zero.

Could it be a virus scanner scanning the files as they arrive on the usb stick?

I've not seen that issue myself - Whenever possible I copy large zipped up files onto removable media - using zip or 7zip to zip up folders of files - as I find any USB device is very slow at copying lots of tiny files.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I thought it was quite common for mSD cards to overheat if you were using them like that?

I bought a few of them a good few years ago when they first dropped in price, and found I could only really use them in cameras, daps or specific devices. When I tried to use one the same way as a USB stick, it seized up and was roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Got one in post yesterday for tv/sat box ,perfect
    Thanks op ..

Advertisement