Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your favourite incarnation of the Doctor? (New poll)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I suspect that the more ahem...mature amongst us would probably pick Tom Baker with the younger brigade going for David Tennant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

exaisle wrote: »
    I suspect that the more ahem...mature amongst us would probably pick Tom Baker with the younger brigade going for David Tennant.

You would tend to click with the Doctor at the time you began watching the show, which makes sense. If you didn't, chances are you wouldn't be watching at all.
    I know lots of people of all ages who only got into it recently and wouldn't know any of the earlier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

For me its a toss up between Tom Baker & David Tennant. If push came to shove, David Tennant is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I've only ever watched New Doctor Who (From Eccleston on). I like Eccleston and it would have been interesting to see him make further seasons but he only had the one, of course.
    After Tennant's long run it took me a couple of episodes to get used to Smith but then you had the last four episodes: Vinvent and The Doctor, The Lodger and The Pandorica ("Sorry, dropped it").
    I mean I don't know how true his version of The Doctor compares to the originals or how long term viewers feel about him but I thought he was great.
    I thought Peter Capaldi was a missed opportunity. He's such a great actor but I don't know, I just never really "got" him. I wasn't gone on Gemma Coleman either. Again, another missed opportunity: The build up to her before she arrived and all the hints about her past. Just fobbed off as "Ah yeah, she's in his timeline"

...... Loved Bill though. I'll miss her. Thought she was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Tennant followed by T Baker the best,McCoy easily the worst,Capaldi not far behind him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement