Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad mini £199

Options
  • 24-03-2014 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

16gb,at John Lewis.com, no problem using parcel motel with this site
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Heres the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.johnlewis.com/apple-ipad-mini-apple-a5-ios-7-7-9-wi-fi-16gb-space-grey/p903084?navAction=jump

Its the ipad mini (not retina) 16gb wifi model.

Works out to be just over €240 including parcel motel charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Tx... is this really a good deal?/a bargain?.... (just asking I've no clue how much these are worth).

Currently €299 in irish stores. Saving of roughly €50 - €60.

You can pick up a refurbed one from apple.ie:

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FD531B/A/refurbished-ipad-mini-with-wi-fi-16gb-white-silver

for €249.

Personally, I would go with the refurb store. Ive never had an issue with them, and if you do, at least it was bought directly with apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Just my 2p worth, I suspect any apple products could be returned to apple.

damian139 wrote: »
    Just my 2p worth, I suspect any apple products could be returned to apple.

They can, I wasnt suggesting the John Lewis ones cant. I simply meant that if its a refurbed unit with an issue, Apple with replace it straight away (as oppose to buying a refurb unit of other places).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Anyone able to get this?
    They cancelled mine today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was debating this or a nook hd+

Any opinions ? (im sure there will be as this is boards and eveyone has one :D))

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Any opinions ? (im sure there will be as this is boards and eveyone has one :D))

thanks

I am an Apple fan, so I'll put my hand up, I'm biased. I have an iPad mini since last June. I love it. I use it everyday and it has replaced my (apple) laptop for all things except flash-stuff and Microsoft office work. It turns on straight away. It fits in my handbag. I can watch tv. I can read books. It's small, but perfect (I think iPads are huge!). Yes, there are cheaper and perhaps equal competitors. But, like I said, I'm biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

John Lewis will qoute you to ship for Ireland as well if you contact them. I got a qoute for a largish kitchen item recently and it was 9.99 to ship to ireland, the nearest parcel motel is an hour away so not worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

thanks

The Nook is a good piece of kit for the money. But it could not be compared with balance to the iPad. This is a case of 'you get what you pay for'. If the nook is in your sights then my advice is go for a Nexus.
    If you want to spend the cash then get an iPad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement