Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S3 €199 PAYG Tesco Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Good deal, it's still a great phone imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

Great phone, Id jump on that. Bought my S3 last July for about €330.

Never experience any slowdowns with it, as fast as you`ll need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

How would you rate it against a Moto G ?

( I'm needing an OK 'droid that supports tethering and has a decent camera )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

0lddog wrote: »

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-G,Samsung-Galaxy-S-III/phones/8208,6330

S3 better. Is this bargain genuine though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

0lddog wrote: »

Moto G a better offer at €129 IMO
    S3 is almost 2 years old now and is 2 iterations back to the latest Samsung device.
    Moto G is an amazing bit of kit at that price point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I think TM might be clearing the decks a bit with this offer as they are getting it in the neck on their own forum over the Moto G not being on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Moto G a better offer at €129 IMO
    S3 is almost 2 years old now and is 2 iterations back to the latest Samsung device.
    Moto G is an amazing bit of kit at that price point.

Arguable the camera is better on the samsung and some of the apps might be useful. But for me as BionicRasher says with smart phones getting updates is all important. I'd be picking the phone which will be supported the longest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Personally I think it's a crappy phone, had the S, S2 and S3...and have just switched to an Xperia Z1 compact. You couldn't pay me to get another S3. Random reboots, text messages not arriving, randomly switching to silent...not worth €200 IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great price, I've already got a Moto G but I'm sure this will be great for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

S3 supposed to be getting Android 4.4 in a month or so also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

whats the catch? is there a plan required? Anybody know if its nationwide...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭biebiebie

€199 is very tempting for the S3. Okay so the phone itself has been around a while now already. However it was advanced enough with features when released, so it's still modern enough by today's terms. Plus it'll be rocking KitKat in another month or two.

One of the features it has that is very useful is its Multi-Window mode. This allows you to split the screen in two and have two apps running on screen simultaneously. I find myself using this daily (great for using with a password manager app when logging into sites).

spongbob wrote: »
    whats the catch? is there a plan required? Anybody know if its nationwide...
    Is imagine that it's nationwide... it's available online for €199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

It's a earlier version of Samsung Galaxy SIII - I9300
    - download max speed: HSDPA, 21 Mbps
    - RAM 1 GB
    Anyway it is a really good offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

what is the later hardware of the S3? Ram/ Storage ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

spongbob wrote: »
    what is the later hardware of the S3? Ram/ Storage ?

There's a slightly newer version called i9305 which has 2GB RAM, LTE, but still 16/32GB afaik.

That's a different model though isn't it? It's not an upgraded model per say but the 4G "version". This is for the 3g model.

biebiebie wrote: »
    That's a different model though isn't it? It's not an upgraded model per say but the 4G "version". This is for the 3g model.
    have a look at:
    http://versus.com/en/samsung-i9300-galaxy-s-iii-vs-samsung-i9305-galaxy-s-iii

Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 is a first model with a max internet speed up 21 Mbit and 1 GB of RAM

Samsung Galaxy SIII i9305 is a better model with a max internet speed up 42 Mbit (LTE model) and 2 GB of RAM.

As I posted before it is a great deal anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone got a reputable link for unlocking for a tenner?

brightkane wrote: »
    Anyone got a reputable link for unlocking for a tenner?

it's for 14.99 for S3 but it's quick and reliable service (used few times before)

http://simlock24.pl/sim-lock/12/Unlock_by_code_for_Samsung_phones_from_Europe/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Just had my order for an S3 cancelled by Tesco by email. Rang them and was told that they had no way of knowing why it was cancelled. Has anybody else had theirs cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    It's a earlier version of Samsung Galaxy SIII - I9300
    - download max speed: HSDPA, 21 Mbps
    - RAM 1 GB
    Anyway it is a really good offer.

Yes it is, it's still a very relevant smartphone. To make the most of it you would probably want to throw out the old Samsung OS and install CyanogenMod or an alternate current mod. Good camera on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 martinlynam

just cancelled too, disgraceful on Tesco's behalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Ordered last night and got no confirmation email one way or the other. Contacted tesco mobile and was told it would be processed today and i would have it in a couple of days. Still no emails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Just found out it's been cancelled on me too - had maðe mistake with my email address on the order so phoned them just now to be told it's cancelled. They couldn't tell me why, just that the order was rejected :(
    Has everyone gotten cancellations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mine arrived at my house this morning! I ordered really early on Friday, I wonder if Tesco just ran out of them but kept accepting orders?

thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

Great deal, thanks op. I ordered 15 just to sell on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,506 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Where is the Motorolla G for 130 available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

noodler wrote: »
    Where is the Motorolla G for 130 available?

Was available on the Meteor website but now has gone back up to €149. You can get it from Tesco Direct via Parcel Motel for about €135 if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

just got a mail saying order successful, ordered on monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

still no email confirming or cancelling order. I see its gone up to 359.99 on the website now. On Tuesday morning it was still 199. I ordered on monday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

one arrived this morning, tried an o2 sim in it and it was unlocked .

thanks op

Advertisement