Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karl Pilkington's An Idiot Abroad - €12 for Blu-ray / €10 for DVD delivered [Zavvi]

Options
  • 20-02-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭

Bargain - it's just a real shame it's lacking any real extras! :(

10230739-1288266700-42000.jpg
    Buy Blu-ray @ Zavvi
    Buy DVD @ Zavvi

Aware that Karl has never seen any of the seven wonders of the world and thinks that they are all “a bit s**t” Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant see it more than appropriate to send ‘the round headed buffoon’ on a journey that will ensure he sees every one of them and hopefully broaden his mind and change his outlook on the world. Or in hope that he will hate every minute of it and moan constantly all for their amusement as well as ours!

Throughout Karl’s journey of a lifetime he will see what all the fuss is about when he visits the Great Wall of China, Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, Petra in Jordan, Machu Picchu in Peru, Chichen Itza in Mexico, the Taj Mahal in India and the Great Pyramids of Egypt. All the while being monitored every step of his journey by friends Stephen and Ricky in London.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I haven't seen it. I know Gervais is big to push him - Is this any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's fantastic dlofnep.... I can't recommend it enough!

If you enjoy this, you'll enjoy it..

And this is even a scene that was deleted. The China episode is just amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

The first few episodes were great, but it declined in funniness right the way through imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Basq wrote: »
    And this is even a scene that was deleted. The China episode is just amazing!

Don't think that was deleted as i seen it in the episode.

Funniest programme i've seen on Sky for a long time though, even now, months later i'm still trying to figure out if Karl is an Idiot or Genius

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't think that was deleted as i seen it in the episode.
    Definitely wasn't in the show.. it did show
    him eating Monster Munch while everyone else was eating various insections etc.

Girlfriend just got a voucher for 10% off from Zavvi so had to pick up the Blu-ray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'll check it out, cheers man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Basq wrote: »
    Definitely wasn't in the show.. it did show
    him eating Monster Munch while everyone else was eating various insections etc.

Girlfriend just got a voucher for 10% off from Zavvi so had to pick up the Blu-ray.
    It was in the show, confirmed by both my sister and brother in law too.
    We all remember that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Tragedy wrote: »
    It was in the snow, confirmed by both my sister and brother in law too.
    We all remember that scene.

Thought as much, def remember the noodles & chicken feet cos i tried eating a bowl of noodles in 1 go like he did and burned me mouth off :mad:

We'll just agree to disagree..

But Scien posted it in the 'An Idiot Abroad' thread while we were all watching and said "they should have left it in". They might have played it in the episode, but definitely wasn't in the episode that aired.

Anyways, splitting hairs! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Deffo was in the show Basq. Saw it myself in the show. But great show all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

That scene wasn't in the episode I saw..

Advertisement