Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Anyway to stop the screen coming on when you move the phone before it used to show the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

ofcork wrote: »
    Anyway to stop the screen coming on when you move the phone before it used to show the time.

They were discussing removing English from the leaving cert syllabus on the radio this week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Go to settings, gestures > lift to check phone. Switch that off.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    They were discussing removing English from the leaving cert syllabus on the radio this week...

Very helpful I must say.

GBX wrote: »
    Go to settings, gestures > lift to check phone. Switch that off.

Thanks that done the trick only before the update it would just show the time not light up the screen.

Google it there seems Android 10 removed the black lockscreen displaying just the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Google it there seems Android 10 removed the black lockscreen displaying just the time.
    Yeah seems to be gone, annoying that.
    I initially thought it wasn't possible on my Mi9 T but seems it's just Android 10.
    Hopefully they restore it at some stage, lot of people not happy it's gone.

Did a factory reset and updated all my apps etc. Fully charged but notice the battery not holding the charge as it was before the update to 10.

Had since gotten into Nokia about the charge port not working. They've sent me a label. Gonna drop the phone off and send it away with DHL. Hopefully they sort it.

Sent the phone back on Friday, back in my hand now. Fixed and all working again. Great service from HMD Nokia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Anyone experiencing low in call volume post update ? Any fixes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭corks finest

Sent the phone back on Friday, back in my hand now. Fixed and all working again. Great service from HMD Nokia :)

Hope the charge port works out for you ,known fault ,my kids one went belly up after getting repaired,keep an eye for when the warranty time is up you're on your own,some ppl have no problems yet all around the globe it's a known problem for hundreds,hope you're in the lucky category

Hope the charge port works out for you ,known fault ,my kids one went belly up after getting repaired,keep an eye for when the warranty time is up you're on your own,some ppl have no problems yet all around the globe it's a known problem for hundreds,hope you're in the lucky category

Yeah so far so good. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

hatchman wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing low in call volume post update ? Any fixes ?

On some calls volume is very low battery life seems to be worse too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Battery life has just sh1t itself after the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Did a factory reset and updated all my apps etc. Fully charged but notice the battery not holding the charge as it was before the update to 10.

Had since gotten into Nokia about the charge port not working. They've sent me a label. Gonna drop the phone off and send it away with DHL. Hopefully they sort it.

Hi, who did you contact regarding the charging port to get it repaired ?
    I bought mine from Argos instead of Vodafone as they had no stock.

PS Unfortunately I'm also noticing a big difference in battery usage since the upgrade to 10.

• Advertisement

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Hi, who did you contact regarding the charging port to get it repaired ?
    I bought mine from Argos instead of Vodafone as they had no stock.

PS Unfortunately I'm also noticing a big difference in battery usage since the upgrade to 10.

Check the phone is in warranty here - https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_ie/support/topics/imei-checker

If so use the chat to get support to start the process. They will send you a return label. Not sure where you are located - I had to drop it to DHL in Pearse St in Dublin.
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/support

The phone is listed as in warranty, it's only just over 12 months old.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Call back to Argos. They may give you a new one

The first thing I did was see if it was still available to buy on the Argos website ;) It's not unfortunately.

My sons was just over 12 months and they wouldn't fix it (VF) even though it was in for 2nd repair ( charging port again)

• Advertisement

Nokia would be the ones to contact, VF don't make the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

My sons was just over 12 months and they wouldn't fix it (VF) even though it was in for 2nd repair ( charging port again)

To break it once may be regarded as a misfortune; to break it twice looks like carelessness.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    To break it once may be regarded as a misfortune; to break it twice looks like carelessness.

Not really considering Nokia have a history of charging port issues.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Nokia would be the ones to contact, VF don't make the phone.

Yes but phone had to be returned to VF first, protocol kid

Wasn't fixed was my point,if you'd care to Google Nokia 7 plus porting problems their in lies the answer

It was a FAULT,not broken here,but a well known worldwide fault Nokia had but didn't acknowledge,check posts about it ( Nokia forums etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

No it doesn't. I bought my phone from Vodafone and was able to go straight to Nokia to get it fixed. As I mentioned earlier Nokia were extremely fast and accommodating about getting the repair done.

Not for a manufacturer warranty issue. VF are only the re-seller, they can just tell you bring it up with Nokia.
    If mine had ever broken while I was using it, I'd be onto Nokia about it, waste of my time to say it to Vodafone.

I got a pair of Creative bluetooth earphones. When somebody calls while in use, it rings both in ear and through the phone. Is this the case for everybody else?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Not for a manufacturer warranty issue. VF are only the re-seller, they can just tell you bring it up with Nokia.
    If mine had ever broken while I was using it, I'd be onto Nokia about it, waste of my time to say it to Vodafone.

No, Vodafone is the retailer and as your contract of sale is with them, you have the legal right to insist they resolve your issue. They're not entitled to fob you off to the manufacturer.

Having said that, you have an absolute right to choose to go directly to the manufacturer if they offer a warranty. Often, this may be the handier option, and it sounds like it is in this instance.

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »
    No it doesn't. I bought my phone from Vodafone and was able to go straight to Nokia to get it fixed. As I mentioned earlier Nokia were extremely fast and accommodating about getting the repair done.

Sorry thought u were being a smart ass, bought the phone online from VF and they insisted I drop it into the store I collected from( VF Wilton s.c. ) took a 2 weeks to get it back,never charged properly after the repair( charging port) went back with it( same prob) never worked properly ,so I gave up bought him a one plus 7 something or other - no problems

Quackster wrote: »
    No, Vodafone is the retailer and as your contract of sale is with them, you have the legal right to insist they resolve your issue. They're not entitled to fob you off to the manufacturer.

Having said that, you have an absolute right to choose to go directly to the manufacturer if they offer a warranty. Often, this may be the handier option, and it sounds like it is in this instance.

I did insist but obviously not strong enough,and by the time I decided to ask for a replacement bloody warranty was out( spare Nokia 7 plus here for parts )

There's a 2 year manufacturers warranty on the Nokia 7 Plus ;)
    Looking at the first page on this thread suggests they are all < 2 years old.

There's a 2 year manufacturers warranty on the Nokia 7 Plus ;)
    Looking at the first page on this thread suggests they are all < 2 years old.

Correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Looks like the latest My Phone app update will let you purchase extended insurance/warranty.

Useful if your kids tend to break your phones and save you time banging on about it for eeeeeevvver on on internet forums...

Looks like the latest My Phone app update will let you purchase extended insurance/warranty.

Useful if your kids tend to break your phones and save you time banging on about it for eeeeeevvver on on internet forums...

Big cheesy smile back at you,vv good
    PS you can't break something already broken,and I got him a decent phone one plus 7?? No more Nokia ****e

Big cheesy smile back at you,vv good
    PS you can't break something already broken,and I got him a decent phone one plus 7?? No more Nokia ****e
    Really... And what happened to the Xiaomi? Broke it?

Your "story" changes each time you post here... First it was your phone, then it's your son's. First was fixed once then your son broke it - now it was never fixed at all so your son can't have broken it...

The only consistent thing here is that everyone else who has posted their Nokia repair experience has been satisfied despite all your months of thread hijacking & post trolling.

Your "story" changes each time you post here... First it was your phone, then it's your son's. First was fixed once then your son broke it - now it was never fixed at all so your son can't have broken it...

The only consistent thing here is that everyone else who has posted their Nokia repair experience has been satisfied despite all your months of thread hijacking & post trolling.

Not trolling honey ,just putting my opinion in,and this is an open forum is it not?ta ta,and hundreds of pppl are not happy with the shoddy experience/ repair jobs by Nokia worldwide Google it and cop on

I NEVER had a Nokia, bought it for my son,I've a mi note 10 atm, hope your not too upset deary, night night,hugs etc as you obviously need some,oh and I'll keep on putting my in put here

• Advertisement

Not trolling honey ,just putting my opinion in,and this is an open forum is it not?ta ta,and hundreds of pppl are not happy with the shoddy experience/ repair jobs by Nokia worldwide Google it and cop on
    Thing is, you've made your point known, repeatedly.
    Neither of you have a Nokia any more so I'm not sure why you keep coming in here to tell everyone again how they didn't fix the phone.

In the words of Elsa: Let it go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

And my phone is back to freezing again. Just when I thought it was fixed it comes back. No Biggie. Screen off and on again, sorted.

emo72 wrote: »
    And my phone is back to freezing again. Just when I thought it was fixed it comes back. No Biggie. Screen off and on again, sorted.
    Any particular pattern to this? Ie, is it truly a frozen screen (no Home buttons or gesture control response) or a particular frozen app? Eg sometimes while browsing the web it seemed to me the screen had frozen but in fact the webpage had frozen and I could swipe Chrome off.

Otherwise try rebooting into Safe Mode (hold the Power button, then press & hold the onscreen Power off symbol for the safe mode dialogue) to see if disabling apps improves the behaviour - if it does, restart and delete apps in reverse installation order, and/or Factory Reset (back everything up to Drive first) then incrementally restore your apps until you identify the one(s) causing the issue.

Other steps described here, including checking remaining storage space, etc:

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7664998?hl=en

After that you could be be looking at potential hardware causes - you can check your warranty status and kick off a Nokia Support Chat session & RMA directions from the My Phone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

My work phone is a Nokia 7 plus has Intune on it as the work management profile,

However since an 10.0 update my god the lag on this phone isn’t even funny, I only use it for emails and teams and it’s pointless you start to type a email and the thing just freezes ha,

So is a factory restart worth it ? Will this fix anything ? As to remove it from intune is a pain,

Or should I just buy a new work phone ? As I have the budget to buy one and I won’t the easy fix

My work phone is a Nokia 7 plus has Intune on it as the work management profile,

However since an 10.0 update my god the lag on this phone isn’t even funny, I only use it for emails and teams and it’s pointless you start to type a email and the thing just freezes ha,

So is a factory restart worth it ? Will this fix anything ? As to remove it from intune is a pain,

Or should I just buy a new work phone ? As I have the budget to buy one and I won’t the easy fix
    What is non-Intune related app performance like? You could certainly try the same troubleshooting as above, and/or if the issue is confined to your Intune app, then your work company's IT support are probably better-positioned to troubleshoot/advise.

February 2020 security update downloading. 54.8mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Battery life is gone to pot since the update to 10, mines forever on the bloody charger.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Battery life is gone to pot since the update to 10, mines forever on the bloody charger.

Mine was a bit dodgy at the start but has since levelled out to pre 10 standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

CoBo55 wrote: »

Mine was the same. Pure malogen after the update. Turned off adaptive battery and back to normal now. Give it a go and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Mine was the same. Pure malogen after the update. Turned off adaptive battery and back to normal now. Give it a go and see how you get on.

Just turned it off there now I’ll keep you posted, many thanks, it was starting to resemble an iPhone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

emo72 wrote: »

Mine is constantly freezing now, much worse than it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement