Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture PEEHS - Sport Stars

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

lassykk wrote: »
    It's scripted so I can't agree to it being a sport but it is entertaining

I would dispute both descriptions :pac:

Reberetta wrote: »
    I'm just looking for mediocrity as is customary for a Newcastle United fan.

Jebus, I thought I had it bad as a Leeds fan. You poor b*st*rd. :D

Only ever met one other Newcastle fan, and that was 20+ yesterday ago. Bit of a rarity in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Zaph wrote: »

Only ever met one other Newcastle fan, and that was 20+ yesterday ago. Bit of a rarity in these parts.

They're a bit of a rarity now, even in Newcastle!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Zaph wrote: »

Is this the new way of saying 3 weeks ago?

abe-simpson.gif

:p

Trigger wrote: »
    Is this the new way of saying 3 weeks ago?

abe-simpson.gif

:p

Stupid autocorrect! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭geotrig

Rikand wrote: »
    Thank feck for the gimme in the GAA or I'd be lost lol

well after wrecking my brain for a name i think i finally managed to get one for the gaa let me hope its correct now :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

26 players as things stand

Only 3 unidentified sports stars left - 1 famous and 2 obscure!

16 incorrect answers so far including one person identified by 3 people as the wrong person!

2 of the incorrect entries I had to google to make sure they were real people (they were!)

I'm going to close entries Monday morning and set up a reveal thread.

I might be travelling next week so the reveal will either be Monday afternoon starting at 2pm or later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

16 incorrect answers so far including one person identified by 3 people as the wrong person!

Have a sinking feeling that I'm one of those 3 people, and 2-4 of those incorrect answers could also be me...

I bet I'm one of those people too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Stop playing mind games lassykk. Do you really want me to send you another private message?

• Advertisement

Have a sinking feeling that I'm one of those 3 people, and 2-4 of those incorrect answers could also be me...
    I bet I'm one of those people too!!

As people can still change their minds I won't confirm or deny ;)
    Reberetta wrote: »
    Stop playing mind games lassykk. Do you really want me to send you another private message?

Reb, I woke up with a heavy heart this morning without a PM from you overnight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

As people can still change their minds I won't confirm or deny ;)

That's fair. I'll be sticking with my original answers anyway... #NoRegrets

I know nothing about Darts so pretty sure I just made up a name that sounds like someone who would play Darts and might be quite good at it.

Know very little about GAA too, and am only 30% sure I gave the name of a real person, and about 2% certain that that person is actually one of the ones included.

The other sports, I'm familiar with or at least familiar with people who play those sports, but am I confident that the names I've gone with in all of those categories are actually the people I think they are in the photos? The answer to that is a resounding no, I'm in no way confident...

But all of that uncertainty is part of the fun, especially in this PEEHS as opposed to the album covers and tv shows ones which were much more in my wheelhouse.

But all of that uncertainty is part of the fun, especially in this PEEHS as opposed to the album covers and tv shows ones which were much more in my wheelhouse.

This is exactly how I felt in the TV shows one - I had to go with my toddler's shows as I don't watch much TV at all

Music wise, I only got into the last one and despite listening to a huge amount of music I wouldn't be too familiar with album covers.

If someone else ran the sport one I'd be all over it analysing what other people might pick (and still get it wrong!)

That's fair. I'll be sticking with my original answers anyway... #NoRegrets

I know nothing about Darts so pretty sure I just made up a name that sounds like someone who would play Darts and might be quite good at it.

Know very little about GAA too, and am only 30% sure I gave the name of a real person, and about 2% certain that that person is actually one of the ones included.

The other sports, I'm familiar with or at least familiar with people who play those sports, but am I confident that the names I've gone with in all of those categories are actually the people I think they are in the photos? The answer to that is a resounding no, I'm in no way confident...
    haha this is me in a nutshell the gaa and darts ,spent the evening while stuck in the think of a gaa players name so hopefully that person is pictured ,i was surprised that i knew 3-4 dart players though:confused:
    I am still thinking of changing one answer as i think it might be right, but the answer i've given is also a good one i think unless they are both wrong:D
    the mind games arent helping here !!!

26 players as things stand

Only 3 unidentified sports stars left - 1 famous and 2 obscure!

2 of the incorrect entries I had to google to make sure they were real people (they were!)

I'm going to close entries Monday morning and set up a reveal thread.

I might be travelling next week so the reveal will either be Monday afternoon starting at 2pm or later in the week
    this isnt helping me ....now i think most of my answer are wrong.:p

I love how much everyone thinks about this!

28 players now

Still 3 unidentified sports stars left

Now up 19 incorrect answers so far including one person identified by 4 people as the wrong person!

Last day of sign ups today. Will close for entries first thing tomorrow morning.

Feel free to send on any changes before then either.

Will confirm when the reveal is tomorrow once I kkow my work schedule

Ended up with 28 entries.

Reveal thread is here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112628293#post112628293

Time of reveal to be confirmed but hoping to go with 2pm today.

Oh I don't know how to change the tag to [Sign ups CLOSED] if anyone can enlighten me?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Oh I don't know how to change the tag to [Sign ups CLOSED] if anyone can enlighten me?

Cheers

That needs a friendly FG mod to do it.
    One will probably see this and do it for you :)

• Advertisement

Ah - didn't realise!

Cheers

No panic either way

Advertisement