Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netac P500 32GB High Speed Micro SDHC card €4.95 from Zapals

Options
  • 28-05-2018 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

Netac P500 High Speed TF Card Micro SDHC TF Flash Memory Card 32GB
    https://www.zapals.com/netac-p500-high-speed-tf-card-micro-sdhc-tf-flash-memory-card-32gb.html

I know nothing of these. They are probably similar to the dodgy Sandisk cards that appear on many Chinese sites.
    I bought two.

A test review from almost two years ago here:
    https://technedigitale.com/archives/902
    Conclusions and final remarks

This is a microSD card designed with the cost and performance conscious customer in mind. It tries to offer a good price to performance ratio, while keeping performance in the middle of the pack. Read performance is quite good, as normal for an well implemented SD controller, but there’s little miracles it can do on write performance, where it still is able to be average. Then, there’s the topic of the space area. Again, it’s somewhere near average.

This is an average performance microSD card, with low price tag. If is recommended for those users with a digital camera with limited burst capability, or a video camera. In both instances, it works quite well, as the most time sensitive operation is moving content from the microSD card, which it does quickly.

The good
    Fast read performance
    Well implemented compression scheme

The Bad
    Average write performance
    Average formatted capacity
    Compression isn’t able to hide the low end flash used as much as Netac would like to.

The ugly
    Why call this product a “Smart Card” !??!?!?!??!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Why bother when you can get fast brand name cards from mymemory.ie for < €12?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

stimpson wrote: »

Because this was < €5 and I am willing to try it out.
    The last few items from Mymemory took a few weeks to get here for me and arrived via the Belgian Post and Swiss Post.

Suckit wrote: »
    Because this was < €5 and I am willing to try it out.
    The last few items from Mymemory took a few weeks to get here for me and arrived via the Belgian Post and Swiss Post.

I’ll bet you that €7 you save that this is shipped from China and takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

stimpson wrote: »
    I’ll bet you that €7 you save that this is shipped from China and takes longer.

Zapals is shipped from China. It is a Chinese store, and Netac are a Chinese brand, so I won't take you up on that bet. But I wouldn't be so sure about it being faster. I am thinking that the Mymemory items were shipped from China too.
    I can't remember the length of time the last item took, but I have it in the "still waiting for stuff from China" thread. It was over a month anyway.

Suckit wrote: »
    Zapals is shipped from China. It is a Chinese store, and Netac are a Chinese brand, so I won't take you up on that bet. But I wouldn't be so sure about it being faster. I am thinking that the Mymemory items were shipped from China too.
    I can't remember the length of time the last item took, but I have it in the "still waiting for stuff from China" thread. It was over a month anyway.

Ok then, 32gb SanDisk from Amazon for a shade over €10. TBH, I wouldn’t trust my data to a Chinese brand card for the sake of a fiver, especially after seeing a family member losing 10 years worth of photos to a failed hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

stimpson wrote:

Or memoryc.ie They do next day delivery too.

Advertisement