Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phantom Memories

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

No Caddell on weekdays ... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

How are the last two posts Phantom Memories?? Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

3 hours of Cadell a week? That's bollox!

Now, where's my iPod......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I had 105.2 on in the car today and my wife asked if I was playing a CD and why I had made a CD with such shíte songs on it.

I think it's a fairly accurate summation of the state of the station now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

How are the last two posts Phantom Memories?? Sorry!

When did you become a Mod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Birneybau wrote: »
    When did you become a Mod?

I was going through a "Victor Mildrew" state of mind! In my mind, I was a "Mod"! Normal service has resumed now, so sorry about that! I even said sorry in the offending post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BarryMcM

The soundtrack to my life for the last few years! Thanks to all at Phantom for the memories, music & freebies, you were all great and I wish you all the best, you'll be missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

What did I love about Phantom? Where to start? I guess the Two Petes talking rubbish was always a highlight of my week back in the day! Sinister Pete generally just cracked me up and the two of them together were just brilliant :) Memories of the Magic 8 Ball and Snacks Fantastico, ah I'm feeling all nostalgic now...

Then there was X-1 of course (possibly not how it was spelt) and Ray McGowan with Metal Notes introducing me to new music just as I was getting into Metallica et al

I loved how you could actually ring in and have a chat with Pete Reed (or Simon as I guess I should call you now!) on a Sunday night. I loved the stories of having to go up to fix the transmitters on Three Rock without getting caught. Generally I just loved the whole spirit of the station. I am genuinely gutted that those days are gone and we'll never get them back. While I went to the public hearing in 2004 in support of Phantom's application for a licence, I admit that I loved that they were a pirate station and felt that it was a huge part of what the station was about. At the same time, I do realise that it'd have been nice for them to be able to make a living while keeping us entertained :)

Anyhoo, Phantom have been on my mind quite a bit since it's eventual demise this year and I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts...

Advertisement