Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlikely formations we will probably never see

• 08-02-2021 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Just a thread for idle daydreaming and flights of fancy....

1. Perhaps Mk IVs hauled by a 001 Metrovick, or double headed by a pair of baby GMs, all in toothpaste livery.
    2. ICRs in green flying snail livery, or in supertrain or toothpaste livery.
    3. 27/8200s converted to hauled, and pulled by a Metrovick, or double headed with a pair of 121s, all in black n tan supertrain livery. I'd imagine the cabs converted to toilets.
    4. Cement bogies with a 201 II in black n tan w. white band livery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Metrovick 019 that was done up in the experimental new 201 type livery, hauling the cu na mara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

You refer to a toothpaste livery. This is a nickname for the network southeast livery in 1980s and 90s. I assume you mean one of the black and tan liveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

tabbey wrote: »
    You refer to a toothpaste livery. This is a nickname for the network southeast livery in 1980s and 90s. I assume you mean one of the black and tan liveries.

Nope, he means the horrific livery applied by CIE/IR in the 1980s which destroyed the appearance of Mk.II's in particular, not to mention the locos. It was one of the principal reasons that I gave up photographing trains.

____mj0374.jpg

Advertisement