Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD: Budget Road Bike / Cross Bike (52/54cm)

• 24-02-2021 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭

A long shot but has anything cheap and cheerful they might be looking to part with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

rcklap wrote: »
    A long shot but has anything cheap and cheerful they might be looking to part with?

Rim or disc?

If not in a hurry will have complete bike as soon Rose get a crankset to me.

Have a 54cm Ridley crossbow, rim brake.

I'll be in the Pale next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

Rim or disc?

If not in a hurry will have complete bike as soon Rose get a crankset to me.

Have a 54cm Ridley crossbow, rim brake.

I'll be in the Pale next week

That sounds ideal. no preference on rim or brake to be honest for this one. Chris Froome not convinced though apparently. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114444431

I'm tempted to release this back into the Boards fold, purely from lack of use. The couple of times I used it I thought it was the best thing ever but given the choice I always seem to gravitate to road bike on tarmac over off-road excursions. Only addition is a pair of new, and surprisingly expensive at over 80 quid, tyres, so I'd want every penny of that 525 euro back I'm afraid. Came with a 2nd spare crank too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

fat bloke wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114444431

I'm tempted to release this back into the Boards fold, purely from lack of use. The couple of times I used it I thought it was the best thing ever but given the choice I always seem to gravitate to road bike on tarmac over off-road excursions. Only addition is a pair of new, and surprisingly expensive at over 80 quid, tyres, so I'd want every penny of that 525 euro back I'm afraid. Came with a 2nd spare crank too.

What height of a human would that suit? And where are you based?

It's a 54 AFAIK so it should be too small for me, I'm 5 11 and ride a 56. But then some say you should size down for cx racing. Usually a 56 is for someone 5 9 to 6 ft (very ish). Which would make a 54 for ....5 7 to 5 10 (ish)? As I say, I rode it on a few off road spins and size wasn't an issue particularly for a spin of a couple of hours.

I'm in South Dublin - Knocklyon adjacent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Thanks. I thought it would be a bit big alright, though it looks small in the photo. I’m 5’7 and my bikes tend on the small side.
    Probably a blessing. I’m sure you’ll move it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianm1990

I could part with my 2014 kona jake , disc break , tiagra grouoset 54cm , can get pics up on the weekend if interested . Very rarely used.
    500eur , located in Dublin 13

ianm1990 wrote: »
    I could part with my 2014 kona jake , disc break , tiagra grouoset 54cm , can get pics up on the weekend if interested . Very rarely used.
    500eur , located in Dublin 13

Thanks Ian, feels a bit pricey for a 2014, tiagra spec but throw some pics may way if you can. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's a 54 AFAIK so it should be too small for me, I'm 5 11 and ride a 56. But then some say you should size down for cx racing. Usually a 56 is for someone 5 9 to 6 ft (very ish). Which would make a 54 for ....5 7 to 5 10 (ish)? As I say, I rode it on a few off road spins and size wasn't an issue particularly for a spin of a couple of hours.

Hi....I'd be very interested in that. Could you pm me? I'm over in terenure so very close to you.

Still in the hunt. Budget has been opened up if anybody wants to shift a 52 / 54.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

rcklap wrote: »
    Still in the hunt. Budget has been opened up if anybody wants to shift a 52 / 54.

I get so confused with frame sizing and different geometries!

I assume you're looking for something that would suit somewhere between 5'5" and 5'10"?

I get so confused with frame sizing and different geometries!

I assume you're looking for something that would suit somewhere between 5'5" and 5'10"?

Yeah I’m 5ft 8 but have ridden 54cm with 130mm stems and all sorts so yeah fairly medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It's weird alright.

I'm 5'10" and use a 51cm (seat tube) CAADX.

Probably better off quoting what stack and reach you're comfortable with / looking for as those 52/54 numbers switch between seat tube and top tube with several of the frame manufacturers - to make it all the more confusing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Duchamp

Don't mind this, just noticed it'd be too small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

FB, are you still interested in selling this? If so can I ask you a few questions?

What tyres did you put on? What are the wheels on it? Are they QR or thru-axle? What's the gearing (I got dizzy trying to count the teeth!)?

Thanks, Paul

FB, are you still interested in selling this? If so can I ask you a few questions?

What tyres did you put on? What are the wheels on it? Are they QR or thru-axle? What's the gearing (I got dizzy trying to count the teeth!)?

Thanks, Paul

Sorry man, she's gone I'm afraid.

Advertisement