Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Spec - Opinion

Options
  • 25-04-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hiya,

After spending the last few days trying to solve blue screen and overheating problems with my current 5 year old PC, I have come to the conclusion that a new PC is in order (Honestly been wanting one a while now, just now have an excuse!)

This is my current selection : https:// uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7Bz9gw (remove the space after the // as i can't post links!)
    Note : Keeping my SSD's and HD's and Gfx card (Nvidia gtx 1070 8gb) and 800watt PSU

Looking for some opinions on the specs as I haven't been able to do miles of research but would like to order parts pretty soon.

PS: Have previously gone for cpu liquid cooling in my last 2 specs and both now have had to be changed back to stock cooling, so im avoiding it with this spec.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What kind of monitor do you have / games do you play?

Also, that model Hyper 212 isn't suitable for an 8700K.
    That CPU would warrant the next tier of coolers - Cryorig H7, Noctua NH-U12S or be quiet! Dark Rock 4.
    Drop mobo down to any of the other AORUS models (Elite/Pro/Pro WiFi) to keep in budget.

C700P is an overpriced case. Gamers Nexus agrees.
    I'd suggest CoolerMaster H500P Mesh or SL600M, Silverstone RL06 Pro, or Corsair Crystal 570X.

Advertisement