Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching

• 19-04-2019 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭

Switching from Eir to Vodafone, fibre, tv and home phone. Couldn't take any more of Eir but don't know what I'm getting into with Vodafone. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Vodafone are good. Be careful that you must inform eir that you're switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Hopping onto this thread, as I might also want to switch from 12-mo eir contract (expires 8th June) to Vodafone as my address checks out to have fibre with them now.... BUT.... I'm almost afraid after the debacle I went thru with eir's double billing & other craziness from Oct 2017 to June 2018 after switching from reg BB to fibre....

I'd prefer not to overlap service w/ eir/Vodafone, but I can't find terms & conditions for my "plan." I suppose they require advance notice (how much). My billing runs from 11th each month.

Alternatively... my current plan has €41 in discounts

If I stay with eir, will they just add €41 to my bill?
    --- or ---
    Can I haggle with them to get a better deal and stay with them... making NO changes to my current set up. If no new discounts are available, my monthly bill for phone and fibre bb would be €81. Unacceptable.

After the tension and drama of 2017-2018, it makes my insides churn to anticipate similar stupidity, ineptness, problems, etc...

Experience tells me not to trust what eir would tell me without checking here first, as they appear no better this year than last at giving reliable info.....

Any information re: pros/cons of going to Vodafone vs staying w/ eir would be gratefully appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Here is the link for switching from and cancelling Eir: https://www.eir.ie/switching/#switching-letter

And here are a whole lot of other provider you could choose: https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/

/M

Advertisement