Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV hub on android streaming device

• 19-04-2019 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My head is wrecked trying to get the ITV hub on it I put a vpn but I don’t know what is wrong can anyone please help me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

My head is wrecked trying to get the ITV hub on it I put a vpn but I don’t know what is wrong can anyone please help me

What VPN are you using and what region is it set to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

What VPN are you using and what region is it set to ?

Nord and it’s set to London

I'd check your VPN is actually connected and working. I just installed the app, created an account, and tried to stream. Got told I wasn't in the UK, so set my VPN to the UK and it worked fine.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd check your VPN is actually connected and working. I just installed the app, created an account, and tried to stream. Got told I wasn't in the UK, so set my VPN to the UK and it worked fine.

Thanks but when I set the vpn to United Kingdom the google store wont find itvhub any idea

Thanks but when I set the vpn to United Kingdom the google store wont find itvhub any idea

There’s no ITV in the google store now ?? What do you think is wrong

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Your Google account (for the Play store) is still connected to the Irish store - create a new account using the VPN or change your country settings on your Google account to the UK.

How would I change the google play store please

How would I change the google play store please

I'll send you a pm about the easiest way to get it working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭kilsmum

Basil3 wrote:
    I'll send you a pm about the easiest way to get it working

Basil any chance you could pm me the way to change the play store to the UK as well? Tried it myself and could never get it to work. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Kilsmum

kilsmum wrote: »
    Basil any chance you could pm me the way to change the play store to the UK as well? Tried it myself and could never get it to work. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Kilsmum

Still can’t get it either I signed up for a new google account on my phone with a vpn on and have my phone number then it still can’t find ITV or bbc app in google play store on both my boxes one is amazon fire stick

Still can’t get it either I signed up for a new google account on my phone with a vpn on and have my phone number then it still can’t find ITV or bbc app in google play store on both my boxes one is amazon fire stick

My solution is far easier than trying to blag a google account in another country. Just sideload the ITV Hub app (I gave you one method, but it could be found multiple ways) then use it with a VPN.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Bit of a pain to update each time though as the uk streaming apps usually stop working on older versions.

You can change the store location pretty easily: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675?hl=en (best to change the location while on a UK IP) or just setup a new account which takes all of 3 seconds.

Is that how you do it? Personally, I wouldn't change the region of my primary account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You can download apps from websites if you can't see them in the store such as https://apkpure.com/itv-hub/air.ITVMobilePlayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I use a dns service on my s8 phone and downloaded the apps from non play store sources but neither of them will work - the iplayer or the itv hub.

I use a dns service on my s8 phone and downloaded the apps from non play store sources but neither of them will work - the iplayer or the itv hub.

I have no problem with a VPN, and I use Aptoide for installing apps that are region locked. Aptoide also tells you when there is an update to an app, which is handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

With the vpn I presume you have to switch over and back when accessing different services?

Advertisement