Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No activation email

Options
  • 10-04-2019 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

No activation email, despite trying several times, emailing and clicking on the link

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

We received a bounceback when replying to your query. We will have to change your username prior to you posting on the site; if you would like to post on behalf of a business (and that includes having a username that is the same as a business name), please let us know and we will pass your details onto the Sales team. You are welcome to use the site as a discussion platform, but please let us know an alternative username that you would like in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

But irishphotodesk is only a name and not a business, none that im aware of, I do have the web domain registered but it’s not a business, I trade and work as a photojournalist and also have about 10other domain names registered, am I not permitted to use any names which would be the same as these domain names ? If irishphotodesk is not suitable can I use “photojournalist”.

The reason for my signing up was to respond to a thread in the photography section, which is seeking information on how to send/sell images to the newspapers and I wished to advise the person (and others interested) on how the system works.

I can understand the email bouncing back, I just did a test on the email account and it worked fine for me to send but not receive emails, I’m currently in contact with domain service to try to rectify the issue.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Irishphotodesk,

Thanks for your response and explanation. I have activated your account for you so you should be able to use Boards fully now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement