Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the deterrent for shіthead scumbags in society?

Options
  • 30-03-2019 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I just walked past a car parked outside a takeaway. There was a GPS on the dashboard, still illuminated.

As I walked past the car, filthy scum who were congregating nearby walked over and attempted to open the door. Just at that moment, the owner of the car who it turned out was a delivery driver appeared out of the door of the takeaway and ran them.

I'm sure if he hadn't appeared or there wasn't anyone else around, then they probably would have smashed the window to retrieve the GPS because there'd be absolutely no consequences for them.

Why is there no consequences for being scum vermin in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

2 words..... Legal system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Nothing actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

2000 AD style judges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

"You know what I blame this on the breakdown of?" "Society".
    Moe Szyslak

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Welfare is regarded a minimum living allowance so no financial penalty for them once they are on the dole.
    I believe fines/ compensation should be taken directly from welfare payments when scum misbehave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Crock Rock wrote: »
    II'm sure if he hadn't appeared...

Wouldnt you have been the consequence?

Are you saying you wouldnt have intervened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Oops! wrote: »
    2 words..... Legal system.

Everyone makes mistakes and some people can be easily led into making a mistake ........but, c'mon. There are people out there with 30+ previous convictions!

I'm in favour of leniency for the first fuck up, thereafter the punishment should be severe. Why don't we have mandatory sentencing for each specific crime, if found guilty, you must serve a specific sentence.

In certain jurisdictions, the scumbag who'd have stolen the GPS would be penalised for several offences in one, criminal damage (to the glass). breaking an entry (to the car), theft (of the GPS), perjury (presumably they'd lie in court), resisting arrest (they'd probably try to run too).

Here, they'd get a suspended sentence and the hard working delivery man would have to claim from his OWN insurance for the damage to his car.

It's just not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,238 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Batman

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The purge will be a reality in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Anyone else read that as "what's the detergent for scum?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,720 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I just walked past a car parked outside a takeaway. There was a GPS on the dashboard, still illuminated.

As I walked past the car, filthy scum who were congregating nearby walked over and attempted to open the door. Just at that moment, the owner of the car who it turned out was a delivery driver appeared out of the door of the takeaway and ran them.

I'm sure if he hadn't appeared or there wasn't anyone else around, then they probably would have smashed the window to retrieve the GPS because there'd be absolutely no consequences for them.

There are consequences. They get 30+ convictions.

Batman

Na na na na na na na na na na Manbat!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He posted on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

The Legal system in Ireland is fooked

It all happened so quickly as I approached I barely got time to think. I probably would have shouted or done something to draw other peope's attention to them.

If I touched one of them, God knows they could have had a knife or I'd be up for assault myself.

And because I actually work hard for my money, I'd end up having to pay compensation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

2000 AD style judges.

Judge death could clean up a lot of places, but mind you he could vaporise you if you had your shoe laces undone.

Seen him do it in an old comic, it was a health and safety issue, sentence death.

That was before he went from being human to d'eath

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

It's just not fair.

Life isn't fair they say.

Which makes little or no difference. It's not like they'll be looking for work. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

It seems to be going this way, so - HITLER !

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Minigun?

• Advertisement

It all happened so quickly as I approached I barely got time to think. I probably would have shouted or done something to draw other peope's attention to them.

If I touched one of them, God knows they could have had a knife or I'd be up for assault myself.

And because I actually work hard for my money, I'd end up having to pay compensation to them.

For Allah's sake man!

Have you no karate, bow hunting or nunchuck skills at all? Have you never hunted Wolverines with a 12 Gauge?

Pfft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Solicitor: Ah sure they had a rough upbringing, depression, drug problem, currently looking for work, remorseful, hasn't been in trouble since the incident.

Judge: Throw that man a six month suspended sentence.

6 months down the line after defendant commits a more serious crime

Solicitor: He is now getting treatment for his depression and drug problem, he was off his head when it happened.

Judge: Great to hear, we'll just give him a three month suspended sentence this time so. Great to hear he is getting help

34 crimes later and the same ****e is spouted

With so many unemployable filthy scum vermin out there, is it possible that some of them are related to ordinary people?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Yeah so a guy last year with 30+ previous convictions, barred from driving by the court yet somehow drives a car with no brakes no insurance no licence and resultingly writes off my car, leaves the scene of the accident, and even on paper is officially at fault, witnesses present for the guards.. and they do nothing. Only got him to go to the Garda station cos they found his dole card on the street. He gets advice off a solicitor to claim he was unaware who was driving at the time of the crash and has since faced no consequences.

I don't believe you

Why can't the scum be forced into a textile factory to make clothes for sale in shops around Ireland.
    Or some other form of slave labour.

Slave labour was used in Nazi Germany and I completely agree with it for scum vermin.

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Yeah so a guy last year with 30+ previous convictions, barred from driving by the court yet somehow drives a car with no brakes no insurance no licence and resultingly writes off my car, leaves the scene of the accident, and even on paper is officially at fault, witnesses present for the guards.. and they do nothing. Only got him to go to the Garda station cos they found his dole card on the street. He gets advice off a solicitor to claim he was unaware who was driving at the time of the crash and has since faced no consequences.

I don't believe you

I don't know anything about him. Who is he?

Some Yoke wrote: »

I don't believe you

Jesus, I'm so sorry that you had to face that shit. Presumably you ended up having to pay for it yourself. Did it cost much?? :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

+1 for slave labour. I'd introduce sterilisation too. A lot of these scumbags are 2nd/3ed generation scroungers. Not everything in the Third Reich was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

The Legal system in Ireland is fooked

Not if your a Solicitor/Barrister/Judge. It's a great system if your part of the racket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

In certain jurisdictions, the scumbag who'd have stolen the GPS would be penalised for several offences in one, criminal damage (to the glass). breaking an entry (to the car), theft (of the GPS), perjury (presumably they'd lie in court), resisting arrest (they'd probably try to run too).

In this jurisdiction, there exists the concept of innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of their peers. It’s a rather long winded way of saying we don’t penalise innocent people. The scumbags in your story didn’t actually commit any crime, and you have them already on the run :pac:

Advertisement