Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNES Mini

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Or the quality that is Super Mario Kart.

....I think you'd lose them on Final Fantasy 6 though. There's an element of society that will never appreciate the quality of an excellent engine combined with great story telling.

I can't seem to find a mini anywhere. Sigh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't call the ff6 engine quality. It's incredibly buggy and broken. Sure you use sketch at your own risk as it can totally break your game!

Still pure quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Only football game for me was Sensible Soccer on the Amiga. Put so many hours into that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

FIFA has had some good iterations down the gears, FIFA Road to the World Cup is probably my favourite football game ever. The problem with a lot of the modern ones is a lot of the tech hasn't taken big enough jumps to distinguish it from a previous version, like it used to do often throughout the 90's and 2000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I don't like FIFA but sure whatever floats your boat, I hate soccer in general. WWF games are the same but I was a big fan back in my youth so I understand the yearly updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

My order was cancelled too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mttk

Mine got cancelled....went in anyways and picked one up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Emulation in super ghouls n ghosts is shocking, I haven’t played the original in years but can’t believe it was this slow and laggy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Emulation in super ghouls n ghosts is shocking, I haven’t played the original in years but can’t believe it was this slow and laggy

Lol its not an emulation issue. If it was you would get frame tearing. Slowdown is coded in to the game. The snes had a shockingly awful cpu which was crap for action games. Gradius 3 is a good example. Take it from a gng expert, the lag was in the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

If anyone knows where I can get one or if you selling a second snes mini can you pm please :)
    . thanks, im in Dublin

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't like FIFA but sure whatever floats your boat, I hate soccer in general. WWF games are the same but I was a big fan back in my youth so I understand the yearly updates.

There's some pretty good old wrestling games. Fire pro and the better n64 games were great. It's just the modern ones are utter crap.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lol its not an emulation issue. If it was you would get frame tearing. Slowdown is coded in to the game. The snes had a shockingly awful cpu which was crap for action games. Gradius 3 is a good example. Take it from a gng expert, the lag was in the original game.

Really? it’s almost unplayable, I had it bitd (US Cart) and don’t remember it being that bad, I thought it was quite good, it’s real jerky as well as the slow down

Really? it’s almost unplayable, I had it bitd (US Cart) and don’t remember it being that bad, I thought it was quite good, it’s real jerky as well as the slow down
    Once you get a handful of sprites on the screen it plays its sooooo slow, you actually fall when you die in slow motion lol
    Doesn’t look like that on the AVGN videos which are original hardware
    I play a lot of gng and ghouls but only really on arcade, maybe I’m spoiled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

sugarman wrote: »
    Walked in and picked up one no bother. She said their system went tits up over night and everyone's order was cancelled but they'd plenty of stock.
    mttk wrote: »
    Mine got cancelled....went in anyways and picked one up :-)

Cool! Will get my Dad and Brother to get on to it! Hopefully one of them can pick one up :)

They told me the same thing, they’ve tonnes of stock, much more than last year, they said their systems were down all morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Won't get a chance to fire it up tonight. I'll wait till after work tomorrow and beat the crap out of the girlfriend on SSF2

The controller cables are a bit naff, really thought they would have went wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

If anyone knows where I can get one or if you selling a second snes mini can you pm please :)
    . thanks, im in Dublin

I dropped into Smyths in Tallaght about 6.30 this evening and they had loads in stock.

I dropped into Smyths in Tallaght about 6.30 this evening and they had loads in stock.

Early tomorrow smyths should have wasn’t busy when I was in at 6

Early tomorrow smyths should have wasn’t busy when I was in at 6

Thanks guys, I'm in Dublin 7 I'll try blanch if not I'll drive to tallaght or wherever :) if you happen be passing I'd appreciate someone pm me , thanks again

Once you get a handful of sprites on the screen it plays its sooooo slow, you actually fall when you die in slow motion lol
    Doesn’t look like that on the AVGN videos which are original hardware
    I play a lot of gng and ghouls but only really on arcade, maybe I’m spoiled

It's plagued with slowdown on SNES. The arcade game is a different game and also uses a juicier 68000 processor like the megadrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

An evening of castlevania 4 was had, and can confirm the slowdown once things get busy... Just the snes mini being a snes!

I’d a nice evening of super MARIO world, it really was a great game.
    Smyths said any pre orders not collected will be on gerenal sale Monday so watch the website Sunday night/Monday early or drop into any smyths Monday morning

smyths tallaght have 4 in stock, gamestop taking pre orders for 50.00euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Picked my pre-order up this morning from Game, and bought a hardback SNES Classics history book at the same time which I've not been able to leaf through yet as it's still shrink-wrapped. It's going to be a long, long two and a half months to Christmas as this is a present for my other half (she got me the NES mini for last Christmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Anyone found stock of the SNES mini online/in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Anyone know where I can get one in the Dublin Area?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Anyone know where I can get one in the Dublin Area?

Smyths have a few in

sugarman wrote: »
    Spent the evening mostly ploughing away at Super Mario World and few 2P games of Mario Kart but I fired up Contra for all of 10mins before calling it a night, do not remember it being that difficult at all but it completely explains why I never completed it back in the day!

Will give it a proper hack tomorrow when Im less hungover.

You need to finish it on hard to get the real ending!

It's not that bad. One of the easier Contra games. The missile boss is the worst it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

starWave wrote: »
    Smyths have a few in

None in Jervis St (or anywhere on their online stock checker).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hopefully this will be modded asap so I can get my fix of pilotwings

Advertisement