Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best kebab in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

I just noticed yesterday that the one on Parliment St. was closed so checked out this thread to see what was happening to it. It's definitely opening up again?

I haven't been in a good while but I've a hankering for one now, might go to Camden St branch at the weekend.

My go to drunken kebab was Mezze on Parliment St which was a few doors up from Zaytoon. Think it's shut a few years now though.

Yeah they are closed for a month to refurbish the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I just noticed yesterday that the one on Parliment St. was closed so checked out this thread to see what was happening to it. It's definitely opening up again?

I haven't been in a good while but I've a hankering for one now, might go to Camden St branch at the weekend.

My go to drunken kebab was Mezze on Parliment St which was a few doors up from Zaytoon. Think it's shut a few years now though.

Yeah just a month closure for refurbishment. I've never been inside the Camden street one before. I'll definitely go this weekend as in absolutely dying for one all week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Yeah just a month closure for refurbishment. I've never been inside the Camden street one before. I'll definitely go this weekend as in absolutely dying for one all week!!!!

The Camden Street one is better imho. Don't know why, same ingredients, it's just a tastier kebab from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Passion 4 food is leagues ahead of the rest.

And nothing has changed in 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

shanec1928 wrote: »
    And nothing has changed in 2 years

Agreed, but it has to be the one on Clanbrassil street. The camden street one is not the same.

• Advertisement

I've had passion 4 food in their Camden street branch last month. It was certainly good but just felt like a cheaper (in price and slightly in quality) version of Zaytoon.

Is there anywhere else that's like zaytoon and P4F? Chipper kebabs are fine but they're so different to the above mentioned places.
    Passenger wrote: »
    The Camden Street one is better imho. Don't know why, same ingredients, it's just a tastier kebab from my experience.

Glad to hear. I'll report back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Momo's in Tallaght dirt cheap and tons off food I have to get 2 breads just to use up whats in the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I've had passion 4 food in their Camden street branch last month. It was certainly good but just felt like a cheaper (in price and slightly in quality) version of Zaytoon.

Is there anywhere else that's like zaytoon and P4F? Chipper kebabs are fine but they're so different to the above mentioned places
    pasha plus a few others there’s a Facebook page Dublin kebab club with a load of reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

...__... wrote: »
    Momo's in Tallaght dirt cheap and tons off food I have to get 2 breads just to use up whats in the box!

Are they good? I'm looking a for a local version of Zaytoon that delivers in Tallaght basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah they are closed for a month to refurbish the place.

Badly needed refurb in Zaytoon, its been very shabby for a number of years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Badly needed refurb in Zaytoon, its been very shabby for a number of years now

It has. It must be one of the busiest restaurants in Dublin it's busy from when theyopen at 1230 to whenever they close 7 nights a week.

It amuses me that many of their daytime customers are young families, often observant muslims because it's halal certified whereas it's night time customers are the polar opposite.

Yeah the footfall through Zaytoon is something else, it usually 50% full during the day and then packed at nighttime. Its no wonder they need to spruce the place up with a refurb at this stage, I'm going there since about 2008 and cant ever remember it having any kind of work done between then and now.

Agree with the clientele, a lot of Muslims during the day and then the drinking crowds in the evenings. It also must have a very good rating on Trip Advisor because it gets a hell of a lot of toursts too. Am looking forward to going back when it is done up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just on Zaytoon, says closed for around one month from 7th Jan... Doesn't look anywhere near ready tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Hot Chilli on Kevin Street do a great chicken kebab but I've only ever had it sober once.

I need to try out Passion 4 Food next time I'm in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

passion 4 food on the northside and zaytoon on the south, very hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

passion 4 food on the northside

Are they both not on the southside!? D8 & D2!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Are they both not on the southside!? D8 & D2!

Whats the one in d1 im thinking of then , its up from parnell street in a row with loads of takeaways, opens till silly oclock in the morning too

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

Whats the one in d1 im thinking of then , its up from parnell street in a row with loads of takeaways, opens till silly oclock in the morning too

pasha id say your thinking of.

Haven't been to Pasha as of yet. Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

Haven't been to Pasha as of yet. Any use?

yeah its very good,portions are huge in the pasha special for 2,iv been 5 times and 2 times some of the meat was a bit over cooked,i think that was the same chef but the flavour was good.Its defo better than Zatoon, but passion 4food is probably better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Triangla wrote: »
    Ishmaels - opposite Doheny & Nesbitts

Is this place still open. Probably the original Kebab place in Dublin. Was in a lane beside The Baggot in and Toners.. 1982/3ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

swarlb wrote: »
    Is this place still open. Probably the original Kebab place in Dublin. Was in a lane beside The Baggot in and Toners.. 1982/3ish

Had one of these not so long ago, it was awful.

Had a passion4food from clanbrassil street just there. Was lovely.

Is it better than zaytoon? I don't know, they're both equally delicious.

Next up maybe at the weekend will be Pasha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I love passion4food, definitely my favourite. I had Zaytoon recently (the one on Parliament Street) and I wasn't crazy about it, my OH is the total opposite, down to individual tastes I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pasha is my current favourite, used to be Five Tastes on Clabbrasil st but changed hands and was never the same, Kebabish a few door up was ok but not familiar with if they are still decent...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I tried that place at the junction of capel and abbey st the other day.

Ephesus I think it’s called

Would not recommend and won’t be going back

Just back from Pasha.

It wasn't bad but I'd certainly choose zaytoon and passion4food over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

swarlb wrote: »

I’ve had so many kebabs out of that place, and couldn’t properly tell you if they are good or not. They more than do the job if you’re full to the brim with drink.

Passion4food is still my favourite. Even though I tend to order the charcoal chicken in there these days. There’s always guards waiting around for food when I’m there - seems to be a favourite of the police force. The lads working there are as sound as a pound as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Zaytoon every time. The standard has pretty much remained the same over the years. I used to live close-by to the one in Temple Bar and had it during the daytime and it was just as good as the 2AM experience :)

I'm currently living the US and this thread now has me salivating for a damn Zaytoon! Damn you boards.ie!!!!

• Advertisement

Ate in Momo's in Tallaght a few evenings ago. As said portion sizes are huge, I'd guess there was around 400g of meat on the plate, it was massive along with the salad (which had olives in it which quickly got scooped out).

Got the mixed kebab meal which came with bread, two dips and a bowl of homemade chips which were pretty decent. If you ordered an extra bread it would be enough for two people, bit of a bargain for 7.95. However the meat was dry, they cook it on one of those revolving gas spits, something that only works well if the place is very busy and meat is constantly being cut off it. If its not busy the meat gets over cooked and dry like I had. Also the bread didnt come on a large plate but instead in a bowl and cut in four piices which was pretty frustrating assembling a kebab out of four times in a row. Overall its not bad and if the meat hadn't of been dry it would have be decent enough. Would try it again but at the same time its not on the level of Zaytoon. Gonna try Passion 4 Food soon to see what its like.

Advertisement