Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cosmo fertilizer spreader

• 25-04-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Frame which the gear box sits on just bent over and made bits of the hopper and pto was not on any ever see this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,924 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You're not explaiing it very well. The PTO was not on...????
    Any photos?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Classy 399

You're not explaiing it very well. The PTO was not on...????
    Any photos?

YA was just starting the tractor to lift it up maybe the PTO gave a turn when the tractor started send pictures tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Usually can happen if the PTO shaft profile tube snags inside the sliding part when lifting it up. Exerts rearward pressure on the mechanism which in turn bends the frame where the gearbox etc., is mounted. It's the usual explanation for it, have seen it before.

Only one solution to prevent it, will be self explanatory...

HTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Classy 399 wrote: »
    Frame which the gear box sits on just bent over and made bits of the hopper and pto was not on any ever see this

Is the pto too long? I bought a second hand Cosmo and it was not the right length shaft. Cut an inch off both shafts and problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,924 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Those PTO shafts have to be cut to a very precise length. What works on one tractor, might not work on the next. When the tractor is level, the overall length of the shaft will be at a minimum. When arms are down or up fully, the extension will be greatest.
    I have a cosmo spreader here and it says on the leaflet that came with the shaft how to cut it right.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Classy 399

Well the same drive has been on it couple of years so how did it not happen b4

Advertisement