Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which new phone

• 25-04-2019 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭

Want to buy a new phone-not an Iphone- without spending a fortune, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Want to buy a new phone-not an Iphone- without spending a fortune, any suggestions?

A chap I work with bought the Xiaomi Redmi note 7 Pro on Amazon for about €230. He reckons it's fantastic and has moved from an iPhone.

I haven't played with it much, but it's a very nice looking mid-range phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

Wait for the OnePlus 7 to come out next month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Pocophone F1 appears to be a good option. Reasonably priced with decent performance.

Thread on it here

OEP wrote: »
    Wait for the OnePlus 7 to come out next month

He said without spending a fortune, the rumours online are saying the 7 will be a €700+ 5G phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

source wrote: »
    He said without spending a fortune, the rumours online are saying the 7 will be a €700+ 5G phone.

They're going to have two phones, a normal version and a 5G Pro version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Pocophone F1 appears to be a good option. Reasonably priced with decent performance.

Thread on it here

Apart from online where could I buy one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Apart from online where could I buy one?

There are some on Adverts. You might pay more than buying online and some will have delivery delays as they will have to order it for you. If you want one in a hurry you could order from the likes of Honorbuy who ship with DHL and is usually 48 hours
    https://www.honorbuy.com/28-eu-direct#/availability-in_stock

OEP wrote: »
    They're going to have two phones, a normal version and a 5G Pro version

But the non pro version will still be between €500 and €600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Huawei

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Huawei

Which model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Best off providing your max price and required spec list. Then you will get some good suggestions

ianob7 wrote: »
    Best off providing your max price and required spec list. Then you will get some good suggestions

€500, no spec list apart from good camera and good battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

€500, no spec list apart from good camera and good battery life.

I'll throw the xiaomi mi 9 in the hat so. You can get it on amazon for a smidge under that figure and it's their flagship. Only real downside from what I've been reading is its not got stock android

Really good spec list for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Huawei p20 pro loads of storage great camera and battery, around the €480 mark now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

For €500 I cannot recommend the OnePlus phones enough, I have a 3T, Missus has a 6T and have never had any issues with them, my 3T is old as now and still runs better than the over priced phones I have used before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

OP, you're in a similar boat to me I reckon. I've been mulling over this for a few months now. Mostly, I'm waiting for the OnePlus 7 to come out in the hopes that the 6T drops a bit in price. Would also be interested in the P20 Pro which did come down recently. I've also given consideration to the Redmi Note 7 (great price, great battery), and Mi 9 (flagship phone at a good price).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

ianob7 wrote: »
    I'll throw the xiaomi mi 9 in the hat so. You can get it on amazon for a smidge under that figure and it's their flagship. Only real downside from what I've been reading is its not got stock android

Really good spec list for the price

Mi9 recommendation here too.i have the poco F1 and love it.and am waiting to see what the poco f2 brings.if not will go the mi9

the mi 9 has a superb camera (rated up with the very best - wide angle, normal and zoom), top cpu and beautiful OLED screen.

nothing comes close for the price.

not even remotely close.

get it from amazon spain for 449 euro + 10 postage

https://www.amazon.es/Xiaomi-Mi-Smartphone-Qualcomm-espa%C3%B1ola/dp/B07NR2GLC8/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=mi+9&qid=1556321881&s=gateway&sr=8-1

amazon have a great returns service if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Get an Honour.
    Or maybe a Moto.
    Hang on, Xiaomi Redmi/mi/Poco.

OP you haven't really said what you're after, except not an extortionate price. Anything not Apple/mega price is a correct answer to your question!

Advertisement