Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scan tool for Renault?

Options
  • 22-04-2019 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

You need to Renault specific scantool to get the manufacturer specific ones you don't get with a generic EOBD scanner.

Any recommendation on a particular scantool for Renault? My 2011 2Ltr Diesel 150 bhp Laguna III is giving a "Check Injection System" and MIL light. It's running in limp mode also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I use one called MaxiECU. It's a laptop based one and it works fine. There are handheld Renault Specific scanners from the likes of Autel which should also do the job.

Where abouts are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from someone else's thread

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

Where abouts are you based?

County Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

Was about to buy this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autel-MaxiDiag-Upgraded-Diagnostic-transmission/dp/B07BXDHRCG/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TQGS40STZPJNHTJXQP0X but when I checked further it appears to be from a Chinese seller even though it is "Fulfilled by Amazon". Is it likely to be a fake or clone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Obviously I do not know whether that device is genuine or not. But what I would say is it's a lot of money to shell out just to get a fault code. You'll probably get a good indy garage to diagnose and possibly repair it for that. If the engine management light is on, you should get some OBD codes with a generic scanner. Whether they are meaningful and / accurate enough is another matter

• Advertisement
Advertisement