Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Broadband

• 22-04-2019 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hello All, Eir were carrying out work in the area. They did work on a pole outside my house. They then put white paint beside the pole "Loop End" what does this mean? Does this mean im part of an upgrade. Last house in the upgrade or something else. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭20/20

Summer8181 Is your account fully paid up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Summer8181 wrote: »
    Hello All, Eir were carrying out work in the area. They did work on a pole outside my house. They then put white paint beside the pole "Loop End" what does this mean? Does this mean im part of an upgrade. Last house in the upgrade or something else. Thanks

Yes it is part of the fibre to the home (FTTH) rollout that eir have agreed with the Government to complete. Loop end means as you think. That pole will be the last that will get fibre cable. A distribution point box like this

attachment.php?attachmentid=453515&d=1529172905

will be put on the pole and when the area goes live you should be able to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Eir done work in the area a couple of years ago and although we live 200m down a side road they replaced the 4 poles down to the 3 houses on this road even though none had an Eir phone.

Then they put in fibre cable along the main road. I asked the guys if they were running it down these poles and they said they leave a spur line at the top and if someone in the 3 houses orders it it will run down.

I now see these 3 houses are left off the availability of the Eir broadband, even though they serviced a similar situation nearby. I am trying at attach a map on here to show this but it asks for an url instead.
    Any info on who to contact on this and what to do about it?

Advertisement