Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a SIRO issue

Options
  • 11-04-2019 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Guys, I'm stuck with a frustrating issue and need advice on how to fix it.

I'm in a new estate (building still going on in development) and there was a problem where eircodes pointing to the wrong house. This was the case for multiple houses.
    I got this resolved by dealing with Eircode & An Post but I think it has had a knock on effect.

SIRO is available in the estate. SIRO is available to my next door neighbour (Semi D). SIRO is not available to me.

Up until a short while ago no one on my road had availability. You checked the addresses and you got 1 hit, with the eircode on the end, and it said it wasn't available.
    In the last few weeks all other houses have had a second address added without the eircode and they now have SIRO available. All except me.

So for clarity, you check the addresses on my road and get 2 hits. 1 without an eircode which says its available and 1 with the eircode which says its not. SIRO aggree that its available now to these houses.
    My house still only has 1 hit with the eircode and its not available.

I've spoken with Vodafone, Digiweb etc and they say theres nothing they can do.
    I've called SIRO and they followed everything I've said, escalated it to the engineers and they responded saying that its unavailable as I'm too far away and its not available to my location. I literally share a driveway and all ducting with my next door neighbour as we are the only 2 on our side of the road yet somehow its supposedly not available to me.

I'm getting stonewalled by SIRO as they are just saying that there are loads of people in the country that cant get SIRO even when their next door neighbour can.
    I've calmly explained and re-explained the original eircode issue (maybe a red herring) and the additional address hits, the KN guys telling me its there, the builder confirming nothing different about my house but I'm just getting a 'computer says no' response.

Any ideas on how I can get this resolved? Seems crazy to just give up and accept that I'll never get SIRO just because they're unwilling to admit they're ever wrong.

Thanks for reading.....

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Conar wrote: »
    Guys, I'm stuck with a frustrating issue and need advice on how to fix it.

I'm in a new estate (building still going on in development) and there was a problem where eircodes pointing to the wrong house. This was the case for multiple houses.
    I got this resolved by dealing with Eircode & An Post but I think it has had a knock on effect.

SIRO is available in the estate. SIRO is available to my next door neighbour (Semi D). SIRO is not available to me.

Up until a short while ago no one on my road had availability. You checked the addresses and you got 1 hit, with the eircode on the end, and it said it wasn't available.
    In the last few weeks all other houses have had a second address added without the eircode and they now have SIRO available. All except me.

So for clarity, you check the addresses on my road and get 2 hits. 1 without an eircode which says its available and 1 with the eircode which says its not. SIRO aggree that its available now to these houses.
    My house still only has 1 hit with the eircode and its not available.

I've spoken with Vodafone, Digiweb etc and they say theres nothing they can do.
    I've called SIRO and they followed everything I've said, escalated it to the engineers and they responded saying that its unavailable as I'm too far away and its not available to my location. I literally share a driveway and all ducting with my next door neighbour as we are the only 2 on our side of the road yet somehow its supposedly not available to me.

I'm getting stonewalled by SIRO as they are just saying that there are loads of people in the country that cant get SIRO even when their next door neighbour can.
    I've calmly explained and re-explained the original eircode issue (maybe a red herring) and the additional address hits, the KN guys telling me its there, the builder confirming nothing different about my house but I'm just getting a 'computer says no' response.

Any ideas on how I can get this resolved? Seems crazy to just give up and accept that I'll never get SIRO just because they're unwilling to admit they're ever wrong.

Thanks for reading.....

Conor - Send us a PM and we'll take another look at this for you

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Hi,

there is another way to order problem premises like yours with SIRO. We've actually build special systems to identify these and place orders like that.

Where are you located in the country ?

If you're in any of the areas we cover, send me your eircode and I'll have a look at it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

Hi,

there is another way to order problem premises like yours with SIRO. We've actually build special systems to identify these and place orders like that.

Where are you located in the country ?

If you're in any of the areas we cover, send me your eircode and I'll have a look at it for you.

Hi Martin

I actually got this sorted earlier through you guys. I think I may even have been speaking with you.
    It's great to see a company so willing to deal with issues rather than just taking the easy way out.

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Refreshing to see companies willing to help out with issues.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Conar wrote: »
    I actually got this sorted earlier through you guys. I think I may even have been speaking with you.

More than one Martin in the tech team, but that would have been me, yes. You're sorted so. Your issue has also been flagged with both SIRO (and OpenEIR for a good measure, as theirs were equally wrong), so that their records are rectified for the future.

• Advertisement

In fairness to Digiweb they also did follow up here but couldn't really help in the end as they aren't a SIRO provider in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have to say that it is really refreshing to see the excellent level of customer service that the Airwire and Digiweb Reps provide with regard to Siro compared to the shambolic efforts of eir and Vodafone in general. I am sticking with eir VDSL for now because of the free eir/BT sports but they are losing BT sports soon so I will switch to SIRO with Airwire then.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

ElNino wrote: »
    I have to say that it is really refreshing to see the excellent level of customer service that the Airwire and Digiweb Reps provide with regard to Siro compared to the shambolic efforts of eir and Vodafone in general. I am sticking with eir VDSL for now because of the free eir/BT sports but they are losing BT sports soon so I will switch to SIRO with Airwire then.

When are they losing bt sports ? And will this lose be reflected in the bill ??
    I just renewed my contract for year ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Eir customers could lose out on BT Sport and Premier Sports as Sky take over

I would imagine that the chances of eir reducing their charges are somewhat less than zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

ElNino wrote: »
    Eir customers could lose out on BT Sport and Premier Sports as Sky take over

I would imagine that the chances of eir reducing their charges are somewhat less than zero.

Yeah , I wouldn't be surprised. Wonder what way they'll spin it . It says its "free" with the broadband package .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Eir will have one junior league left in their portfolio, when they loose BT Sports this summer (which is pretty much sure).

So ... by their definition, they'll still provide you with a sports program :)

And yes .. Eir's contract with BT comes to an end this summer.

/M

Just wanted to follow up to confirm the issue was resolved by the excellent staff in Airwire.
    There were a couple of hiccups on the way caused by SIRO themselves but Airwire stayed in touch and I was given a priority service by the installation engineers for the subsequent callouts that were required, again thanks to Airwire.

Getting great speeds and low latency as I'd hoped.

I'd have no hesitation recommending Airwire after this.
    (Deffinitely no affiliation in case it needs declaring)

zuldv4.jpg

Advertisement