Just a bit of fun....
Imagine you were offered the chance to visit five locations as part of a World Meteorological Organisation research trip.
Which five global locations would you choose? You can choose anywhere. Money is no limit.
I'll get the ball rolling.
1. Tornado Alley - a field trip with the NOAA. Witness the awesome power of Mother Nature.
2. Oymyakon in Siberia - to experience winter temperatures of -60c to -70c.
3. The Danakil Depression and Dallol in East Africa - to experience the intense heat that occurs all year long. It must be oppressive to outsiders.
4. A week in Death Valley in high summer. To feel what 55c in the shade feels like. I've been there twice, but only in the late afternoon when temperatures were in the 30s.
5. A trip to the Scott-Amundsen research facility at the South Pole.