Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 kids, 3 boosters, 2 isofix, school run, 2nd hand, not a 7 seater

Options
  • 16-01-2019 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

we have two cars - we both work. We need to replace our old hatchback soon. We already have a 7 seater for when we all go somewhere together.

I'd like some options that are not getting a second 7 seater, for short runs, like school.

Ideally I'd like 3x ISOFIX, but they are hard to find without going for a 7 seater. So what has 2 ISOFIX, but has room at least for a third center booster seat or some sort?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

if its just for school runs do you need 2 adults and 3 kids or is it 1 adult and 3 kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

I suppose max approx €10k.

Well, I don't want to put kids in the front whether another adult or not - eldest is 7, so occasionally 2 adults in front, but its really about room for 3 kids in back with some class of booster, at least two of them having isofix.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

mcbert wrote: »
    I suppose max approx €10k.

Well, I don't want to put kids in the front whether another adult or not - eldest is 7, so occasionally 2 adults in front, but its really about room for 3 kids in back with some class of booster, at least two of them having isofix.

Thanks

Maybe others can speak from experience but i'd be surprised if you got away with anything other than a bubblebum booster between 2 isofixes unless it is designed for 3 (e.g. new model Peugeot 5008)…….i'd say you'll need some class of mid sized saloon, e.g. passat or Mondeo.....school run screams small hatch but I don't think you'll get the width you need to fit a booster between the 2 isofixes…...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A smaller 5 seater mpv like a C-Max or Scenic may be the happy middle ground?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A smaller 5 seater mpv like a C-Max or Scenic may be the happy middle ground?

Maybe. Do you have one, or know if those are actually wide enough for 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Honda crv has three isofix points in the back. We have one. I love it. Only uave two kids seats in back. I know I'll need to get a very slim booster seat for oldest when he needs new seat

heldel00 wrote: »
    Honda crv has three isofix points in the back. We have one. I love it. Only uave two kids seats in back. I know I'll need to get a very slim booster seat for oldest when he needs new seat

Thanks! What year is yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

2016. Prob not the prettiest car on the road because of the high arse on it. But boot is massive amd that's what we needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I had 3 seats comfortable enough in a CMax. It has 3 full separate seats in the back

I think the 3008 has 3 full seats

I also had an old 307 sw which had 3 seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mcbert wrote: »
    Maybe. Do you have one, or know if those are actually wide enough for 3?
    Don’t have one but the seats slide individually, which is key if you want to get 3 seats in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I went with 7 seater( Galaxy) and then eGolf with Multimac. Works perfect for us.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

AFAIK the 5 seater C4 Picasso is another option with three full seats + isofix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You have different sizes and different cars. You order from the uk companyand they deliver to an installer in Ireland

You then go and getinstalled, you need to check first your insurance will cover. Most do but you need cart from installer before your insurance will cover you

Uk website has list of cars and version supported in the car

Advertisement