Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Coca's 5k (Kilcock) Friday 27th June

Options
  • 04-06-2014 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭

Course
    Last Years thread
    Entry fee just €12 (€15 on the night) €5 for juniors. Entry here
    Last Years results

I have done this the last 2 years, a great race. In 2012 it was the scene of my worst race as digger sniped me with 400m to go :o. last year I set a big PB though :)
    A really fast course all the same. Just 5m rise and 12m drop over 5k all run on quiet country roads and a great spread afterwards. All for €12. Sure what else would you be doing on a Friday night?

Who's in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

P.S. I wanted to put up last years activity for the course map but noticed the unexplained and non-existent 200ft drop/gain just before the mile :confused: Just goes to show you Garmins can be funny......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Great race, if I can fit it in around my middle distance schedule I definitely will! I set a PB at it 2 or 3 years ago, which I've bloody matched twice since ha, it would be good to give it a shot again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

It's a pity the irish runner 5 mile is on the same weekend, by all accounts it's a well run event...

It's a pity the irish runner 5 mile is on the same weekend, by all accounts it's a well run event...

Tbh it's a no contest for me.
    St Cocas is a faster course, better organised, cheaper, friendlier, smaller field, better spread afterwards (i.e. loads of tea, coffee sambos, buns cakes in St Cocas vs Nothing in the 5 miler), more prizemoney, better standard etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

menoscemo wrote: »
    Tbh it's a no contest for me.
    St Cocas is a faster course, better organised, cheaper, friendlier, smaller field, better spread afterwards (i.e. loads of tea, coffee sambos, buns cakes in St Cocas vs Nothing in the 5 miler), more prizemoney, better standard etc etc.

Do you know what......? You've convinced me, cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

Ive never run this before so i need directions, where is the start exactly when i get to Kilcock where do i go?

Not going to make this unfortunaely :o. 2 races in the last 5 days and a load of vaccinations today have left me pretty burnt out.

crissymc, it's pretty well signposted when you come into kilcock. Not exactly a massive village :pac:. They have a few fields marked off for parking with plenty of marshalls to direct you.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

chrissymc wrote: »
    Ive never run this before so i need directions, where is the start exactly when i get to Kilcock where do i go?

Handy enough to get to, coming from Dublin take Kilcock exit and take 1st exit off roundabout, 1st exit off next roundabout, next left and you're there!
    Not going to make it myself - stupid calf:mad:
    best of luck to all tonight

Mark Christie 14:06
    Martin Fagan 14:18
    http://www.precisiontiming.net/result.aspx?v=2056

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Great race, absolutely loved it, probably the best I've done, getting a big PB has a lot to do with that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

menoscemo wrote: »
    Mark Christie 14:06
    Martin Fagan 14:18
    http://www.precisiontiming.net/result.aspx?v=2056
    And burds won by Charlotte from Donadea .:)

ultraman1 wrote: »
    And burds won by Charlotte from Donadea .:)

Yeah I saw that. Great time for Charlotte and she put ollie in is place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

Best race I've done! Chose it over the 5 mile based on the great reviews from last years and it didn't disappoint!

Great fast course, and what a spread afterwards!

Can't fault this race. Will be back next year. Well done to St. Cocas!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Delighted here- ran well and achieved a significant PB
    Very well organised and marshalled, good spread afterwards and the only race I've been at that had a proper PA when they were making the presentations.
    Not as flat as I'd hoped (it's no Bob Heffernan!)- there's a decent climb on the second mile up to the flyover but the third mile is very benign

There's also a good crew of club runners that make it easy to get into a group of similar paced runners and keep digging in

Excellent value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Well organised race, a great spread after
    and a new PB.

Advertisement