Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking Direct Samsug TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beaniebabe

IHope that they turn this into a positive - maybe deliver one per household??? - They could with a good marketing team Do well with this - !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

beaniebabe wrote: »
    I'm still confused? Will they on our it or not we will have to wait and see! I can't imagine many of them having been ordered? I mean would they have had that many in stock? Also I work in travel and we had a holiday on our web once and it was priced at €99 per person instead of €999 we had to on our it once it was available and persons credit card was accepted! I think they will honour it! Great publicity it will be all over the radio today! Lol! Anyway here's hoping that van pulls up! Would be nice for something good to happen.

This mistake was being posted on UK forums that I frequent; once word got out Id say thousands of people chanced their arm!

There is no way they will honor any of these sales; even as a publicity stunt. They stand to lose €640 on every TV...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

djimi wrote: »
    This mistake was being posted on UK forums that I frequent; once word got out Id say thousands of people chanced their arm!

There is no way they will honor any of these sales; even as a publicity stunt. They stand to lose €640 on every TV...

I agree. I did buy into it last night to take a chance, but I am not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alan.S.69

This is from Vikings Directs own Terms & Conditions,

5.2 Acceptance of your order

Your order is accepted, and the contract is made, when we send you an e-mail acknowledging or otherwise confirming receipt of your order, or if we do not send such an e-mail, when we despatch the goods or the first instalment of the goods to you.

Based on this if you have received a confirmation E-mail I would take it that both parties have agreed to the contract. Therefore very difficult for either party to get out of it????

Alan.S.69 wrote: »
    This is from Vikings Directs own Terms & Conditions,

5.2 Acceptance of your order

Your order is accepted, and the contract is made, when we send you an e-mail acknowledging or otherwise confirming receipt of your order, or if we do not send such an e-mail, when we despatch the goods or the first instalment of the goods to you.

Based on this if you have received a confirmation E-mail I would take it that both parties have agreed to the contract. Therefore very difficult for either party to get out of it????

Read post #17. They can cancel said contract if there has been an error on the price advertised on the site.

• Advertisement

Read post #17. They can cancel said contract if there has been an error on the price advertised on the site.

viking_zps02f95c89.jpg

Mine seems to have been shipped !

(I wish :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 artfuldodger7

Anyone who went into this actually thinking they would be delivered is either highly stupid or smoking a new type of heroine!!!!:eek:

Get your head out of your holes, the fact that they stipulate that they can change this on an error will cover them.

People will have gone into this chancing their arms knowing that it was worth a try but those who are actually complaining need a dose of cop on!!!

I'll sell you my 51" €699.00??????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You guys should totally do a Twitter campaign and set up a Facebook profile for justice! They need to honour this for you poor poor chancers customers.

viking_zps02f95c89.jpg

Mine seems to have been shipped !

(I wish :D)

Awwwww, looks like I wont be getting it :rolleyes:

Dear Customer

I'm sorry we are unable to ship the above product at the price of €6.49 + VAT. This was a misprice on our website over the weekend and the item has been updated with the correct price of €649.00 + VAT.

I have asked our credit team to process a refund back to your card today. This should appear in your account within the next three working days.

In this instance, clause 15 of our terms and conditions stipulate Viking's right to cancel or vary an order if:

15 (b) our web site and/or ordering web pages contained any error, including in relation to the description or price of any of the goods;

I would like to offer my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Yours sincerely

Awwwww, looks like I wont be getting it :rolleyes:

Dear Customer

I'm sorry we are unable to ship the above product at the price of €6.49 + VAT. This was a misprice on our website over the weekend and the item has been updated with the correct price of €649.00 + VAT.

I have asked our credit team to process a refund back to your card today. This should appear in your account within the next three working days.

In this instance, clause 15 of our terms and conditions stipulate Viking's right to cancel or vary an order if:

15 (b) our web site and/or ordering web pages contained any error, including in relation to the description or price of any of the goods;

I would like to offer my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Yours sincerely
    Sue the bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rockhopper33

sue sue......thats the way...........

Isn't it mad the way that some people can't understand the subtle art of sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rugbyfan82

Guys the public/chancers/mugs who were conned here are only the tip of the iceberg!! Viking have played us and the media like a newb! The Irish Times have this story in it which is being shared out in the hundreds on twitter, Google plus and of course Facebook... Thats a coup for Vikings digital marketers - all linking back to their site...

1. This is not the first time this has occurred - similar product two years ago..
    2. Coincidence that it occured on the eve of the launch of their new tv and radio campaign?
    3. The social media buzz and free PR generated by this is immesurable

Google Viking direct this morning and besides the first organic result - its all forums or news articles discussing this "error"! Viking Direct is in Googles face right now and that gives their website a great lift for now and into the future...

All of us on here discussing it are adding fuel to the fire...

Masterstroke by their peeps!

rugbyfan82 wrote: »
    Guys the public/chancers/mugs who were conned here are only the tip of the iceberg!! Viking have played us and the media like a newb! The Irish Times have this story in it which is being shared out in the hundreds on twitter, Google plus and of course Facebook... Thats a coup for Vikings digital marketers - all linking back to their site...

1. This is not the first time this has occurred - similar product two years ago..
    2. Coincidence that it occured on the eve of the launch of their new tv and radio campaign?
    3. The social media buzz and free PR generated by this is immesurable

Google Viking direct this morning and besides the first organic result - its all forums or news articles discussing this "error"! Viking Direct is in Googles face right now and that gives their website a great lift for now and into the future...

All of us on here discussing it are adding fuel to the fire...

Masterstroke by their peeps!

IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Joe Duffy gave this issue some time yesterday.

Could he not just play some music instead of relying on such losers

nuac wrote: »

It's a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 artfuldodger7

Some twat from Cork taught he was getting 13 Tv's, Joe Duffy was taking the piss out of him and he nver coped it, its no wonder this country is the way it is with Stupid people like that walking around!!
    Originally Posted by nuac

Great Shout Nuac

Anybody know what time the segment was at? Wouldn't mind listening to the podcast for a good laugh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml

Edit: I had to stop listening. I'm presuming that first chap was only having a laugh... :confused:
    Achilles wrote: »
    Anybody know what time the segment was at? Wouldn't mind listening to the podcast for a good laugh...

beaniebabe wrote: »
    IHope that they turn this into a positive - maybe deliver one per household??? - They could with a good marketing team Do well with this - !!

Are you the same girl that was on Joe Duffy saying that it was good PR if they just gave 'some' of them away for free?

Would you ever cop on to yourself love?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Achilles wrote: »
    Are you the same girl that was on Joe Duffy saying that it was good PR if they just gave 'some' of them away for free?

Would you ever cop on to yourself love?

She even said it was a disgrace, classic Liveline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

for anyone thinking they should have honoured this, viking got 7,000 orders for this tv :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

I was in for this an have noticed some interesting points.

I was never debited for the price of the Tv which was unusual considering i was told on my receipt I would be.
    I have also noticed a vast increase in Viking advertising.
    Withing a couple of days, I already received a generic advertisment mail from Viking.

Has anyone else reached the conclusion this was a very smart advertising campaign?

Definately.

I have had three advertising emails which have no unsubscribe link.

I marked them as junk and gmail-reported them as unsubscribe.

El Spearo wrote: »
    Has anyone else reached the conclusion this was a very smart advertising campaign?

Did you ever doubt for a second that it was anything other than a very clever advertising campaign? I would have thought that was blatently obvious from the momemt it appeared on their website.

Did you ever doubt for a second that it was anything other than a very clever advertising campaign? I would have thought that was blatently obvious from the momemt it appeared on their website.

of course i felt it a very obvious advertising campaign, but surely for a big company this is running the line of illegal/publicity stunt a little fine no?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jd80

I take it no one actually received a TV?

El Spearo wrote: »
    of course i felt it a very obvious advertising campaign, but surely for a big company this is running the line of illegal/publicity stunt a little fine no?

Nothing illegal about it. Obviously if they tried it on too often it would massively hurt their business, but as a one off they broke no law, and it had the desired effect of drumming up an insane amount of publicity and growing their mailing list significantly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

jd80 wrote: »
    I take it no one actually received a TV?

wow...I hope you are joking :confused:

• Advertisement

Nothing illegal about it. Obviously if they tried it on too often it would massively hurt their business, but as a one off they broke no law, and it had the desired effect of drumming up an insane amount of publicity and growing their mailing list significantly!

fair enough i guess....

I just thought it was so blatant that it had to be a little dodge.

Advertisement