Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best HID kit

• 26-11-2018 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Would like to hear your taughts on hid kits. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What car?
    Passat or Audi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My thoughts on this is that you should try better bulbs before going with something that's not factory and needs cleaning and levelling

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Passataudi

vectra wrote: »
    What car?
    Passat or Audi?

Audi

Passataudi wrote: »
    Audi

well that narrows it down a bit
    which audi? :rolleyes:

well that narrows it down a bit
    which audi? :rolleyes:

Sorry Audi A4 2004

• Advertisement

Sorry Audi A4 2004

I could be wrong, but I don't think that car would have projector lamps.
    If you fit a hid kit to it you will blind everyone on the road. It just doesn't work.
    Put decent bulbs in instead.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that car would have projector lamps.
    If you fit a hid kit to it you will blind everyone on the road. It just doesn't work.
    Put decent bulbs in instead.

Ok thanks for info. I'm mainly looking for good makes of ballast in general without canbus error
    feature

Ok thanks for info. I'm mainly looking for good makes of ballast in general without canbus error
    feature

When I used to fit them to my Octavia VRs models ( Had projector lamps )
    I used a company on Ebay called Londoncolor.
    I used the non canbus H7 kits ( 4300 k ) Use a maximum of 5000k as anything above this and the light goes more blue and has a lesser output of brightness.
    Make sure the bulbs are metal based.!
    Also, as far as I recall, Use a 35watt kit, If you go for the 50watt, this used to result in your dims being brighter than your heads, rendering the heads useless.
    Anyhow,
    One set I fitted to my 2010 VRs in February 2011 is still going strong as I was speaking to the guy that bought the car from me 3 weeks ago and he informed me of this.

I will repeat again though, If your car is not fitted with projector lamps, I would strongly advise against fitting them if you have any respect for oncoming drivers that you WILL blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I will repeat again though, If your car is not fitted with projector lamps, I would strongly advise against fitting them if you have any respect for oncoming drivers that you WILL blind.

Probably get pulled by the Gardaí too.... :eek:

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Probably get pulled by the Gardaí too.... :eek:

Which would possibly lead to the nct being invalidated as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement