Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite 'Christmas Period'

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Now that the dust has settled for another year:

- I really enjoyed the first week of December. The build up to the Christmas Party and the party itself were definitely personal highlights of 2019! I also love this period where I'm just starting out listening to Christmas music and beginning playing all the classics again for another year. The build up really begins in earnest

- The 23rd, Christmas Eve and Day were better than I could imagine. I really appreciate Christmas Day more and more as the years go by. Food and drinks with work the 23rd, visiting family and the local pub Christmas Eve and a lovely family day (also call to neighbours) Christmas Day

- But the winner once again for me is the period from the 27th to being back 'officially' in work the 2nd. I actually worked a bit over the Christmas, in order to take leave during summer, but it was lovely and quiet. This period was just perfect - everything quiet, no hustle and bustle, all the stresses of adult life like bills and work deadlines all put on the back burner. The world just becomes a lovelier place at this time imo :)

- It wasn't all rosy though. Personally the weekend of 21st was a bit of a nuisance in that I went out the 21st but everywhere was just absolutely manic, getting served was a pain and impossible to meet people. One of my downsides of Christmas. I also had to travel the sunday evening for work, absolutely wrecked and a sore head. Yuck. But these are such minor complaints compared to others and I never take for granted how lucky I am to have my health and family all healthy for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I can never enjoy after Christmas as the depression of going back to work on the 2nd has taken root. I’d nearly be better going back on the 27th of December instead of wallowing for a week.

I know what you mean. It's not exactly the same for me in that I do enjoy that period but I do have that feeling of 'January is coming' in the back of my mind. It's also why I hate new year's eve. To me it signals the end of Christmas. :(

Advertisement