Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boardsie's own (or family/friends) cars for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Selling my mint octavia here
    Lovely car clean and well maintained
    131 1.6hdi facelift model
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-6hdi-new-shape/25774912

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Said i'd bang these up here just encase.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-toyota-corolla-1-4-diesel/25796020

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-land-rover-freelander-2/25823863

The Corolla is belonging to me. I picked it up recently from a neighbour needing a little work. It wasn't starting and had a lot of tidying up needed mechanically and cosmetically. Ive spent a bit of time on it and it's starting and driving really well now and it's had a really good clean. The bumpers both have some deep scuffs but aside from that the body is good and the interior is very good, there's a lot of driving left it it now IMO. Happy to discuss price and will do a very good deal if you mention you're a boardsie!

The Freelander is belonging to a good friend of mine. He's owned it a long time and taken really great care of the car. I couldn't fault it, there is thousands of euros of receipts with it. He has bought a new car but has justed asked me would i look after selling this for him and how could i resist :pac:

Corolla is sold, got duped by a fella with a fake fifty. Thankfully only one appears to be fake. I should have known :rolleyes:.

Freelander is still looking for a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Corolla is sold, got duped by a fella with a fake fifty. Thankfully only one appears to be fake. I should have known :rolleyes:.

He will have no luck after that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yes, hopefully not. I should have known.

He had shown interest in the car a few times. Long story short, i wanted 1650. Had turned down 1600 from him previously, i knew what i wanted for the car. Rocks up today nice quick transaction, all "new" 50's, mixed notes, some fresh, some dirty etc and in the midst of all that, one old model 50 that in fairness was a very good fake but just didn't seem right to me.

Checked it against others i had and sure enough, fake. The note is around 2mm shorter and the watermark is ****. Bastid. Would rather let the car rot in the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

I’l give ya €20 for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Selling my Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2008 VTR + 1.6hdi Manual

Tax and NCT out next Month.
    Have an absolute ton of receipts for it except the one for the timing belt but can show an email to my wife asking her to drop it down for it and then the money coming out of my account a week later for the timing belt around 617 euros.
    Timing belt was done in 2017 at 160K kms.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c4-grand-picasso-vtr-manual/25907601

Priced very reasonably
    Can't get a NCT appointment for a while, it will need break pads shortly as just back from mechanic had to get electric window fixed and CV joint on driver side fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

I've my M4 up for sale, if anyone knows of someone in the market for one! Serviced and taxed until next year with BMW warranty, so hassle free motoring for a while https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/m4/fpa/202008192695612

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

posting on behalf of a co-worker, listed yesterday (Tues) BMW X3 - my work colleague isn't the best of taking photos and I personally haven't seen the vehicle, but pics make it look very clean.

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2644925&r=s.php%3Fm%3D10%26o%3D1015%26r%3D2012%26g%3D0

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

Cian86 wrote: »
    Put some money into this to make it more appealing. It'll make a good daily for someone.

New valve stem oil seals and gaskets costing €1,250 done yesterday.

Here!

IMG-20200830-150332-2.jpg

Reminder on this thing if anyone wants it! I found a decent Golf in the UK which might be a runner, so happy to do a deal on this pretty soon if someone is interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Reluctantly a change of circumstances has come up and my wagon has to go. An extremely comfortable and quick wagon.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/300-bhp-bmw-330d-touring/26001272

IMG-1032.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

E46 2000 318Ci for sale:

yvpdLIN.jpg
    3kR08en.jpg

Brand new NCT, just serviced and only 116k miles. Just got a van so no longer need a second car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-bmw-318ci-brand-new-nct-just-serviced/26021113

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

E46 2000 318Ci for sale:

yvpdLIN.jpg

Brand new NCT, just serviced and only 116k miles. Just got a van so no longer need a second car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-bmw-318ci-brand-new-nct-just-serviced/26021113

Sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

I've an 03 VW Passat Estate for the last 14 years
    I bought it with 55,000 miles on it & it now has 177,000
    I used it every day for work as it's the family's 2nd car (was the 1st car years ago)

With Covid I haven't been using it much since March.
    The tax was up in June and so I declared it off the road.
    Realistically I'm not going back to the office until the Spring at least so it would be a year sitting idle - hence I'm going to sell it

It's got a full service history, the timing belt & water pump were done in Jan (pre-Covid in Ireland)
    I got a new battery in it this month as the old one gave up from lack of use.

There's none comparable for sale at the moment so it's hard to tell what to look for.
    I'd have kept the car going for another few years if it wasn't for the virus & me working from home the whole time.

Oh - the NCT is up next month. I considered putting it through it before selling but can't get a booking until December.

What's it worth?

orSKUbV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I've my mother's 2008 Toyota Auris up for sale here - owned for four years but, since Covid and the ability for her to work from home, now deemed surplus to requirements. I've had it up for three weeks now - NCT'd and taxed and priced very competitively but the phone isn't ringing. Some Boardsies might take a look and see what they think of the ad, pictures, price, etc.

I told her it might take a few weeks but I have to say I'm surprised I haven't had any real enquiries.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-toyota-auris-nct-tax/25680990

Really good add in fairness. Could be down to the restrictions with people outside Dublin not wanting to travel into the county. I had a 171 Yaris for and had absolutely no interest in it for a good 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

One of the main issues I can see, is the NCT is effectively out since last month
    I know we all have the Covid extension, and yes, it's covered until December, but in reality, it was due last month, so it's over a year since the car had it's NCT and any buyer looking at it is potentially looking at immediately having to book it in for an NCT as at this stage, it will probably be a couple of months before they get an appointment

(I just sold a car myself last week and was in a similar situation, so I took it down, waited 6 weeks, and got the NCT and then listed it and sold within a few days and got close to what I wanted originally)

My advice is either get a fresh NCT on it (but you'll have to wait until the date available), or you're looking at selling it at a lower price to take into account that the first thing a buyer has to do is put it through the test

Price seems fairly right if it had a bit longer on the NCT, but I'm guessing you'll need to be pitching it around €2750 to get any interest
    The other issue, as strange as it seems, is Donegal plates seem to be a big no for some buyers
    The advert itself is bang on. I think you have some very good pictures of both interior and exterior and it shows the car off well

If you check NCT availability around mid night you should get a test within 3 days or so, worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

frash wrote: »
    I've an 03 VW Passat Estate for the last 14 years
    I bought it with 55,000 miles on it & it now has 177,000
    I used it every day for work as it's the family's 2nd car (was the 1st car years ago)

With Covid I haven't been using it much since March.
    The tax was up in June and so I declared it off the road.
    Realistically I'm not going back to the office until the Spring at least so it would be a year sitting idle - hence I'm going to sell it

It's got a full service history, the timing belt & water pump were done in Jan (pre-Covid in Ireland)
    I got a new battery in it this month as the old one gave up from lack of use.

There's none comparable for sale at the moment so it's hard to tell what to look for.
    I'd have kept the car going for another few years if it wasn't for the virus & me working from home the whole time.

Oh - the NCT is up next month. I considered putting it through it before selling but can't get a booking until December.

What's it worth?

For some reason, your image is only showing up tiny
    As there are very few B5 Passat estates around any more, it's hard to value them, but some people will pay as much for yours, as they will pay for a newer B6 model as they prefer the B5 shape (I for one, would prefer the B5 model)

My advice is to throw it up with your max price, and you can always drop
    Nothing worse than putting a car up and selling it right away and wondering could you have done better! :D

The fact the NCT is out next month is not going to do you any favours though
    With a car of that age/value, an NCT could almost double what somebody would pay for it
    I think a 2003 with a fresh NCT and in good shape could sell for close to a grand, while one with the NCT out in a few weeks is probably going to make somewhere in the region of €400 or €500 at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    For some reason, your image is only showing up tiny
    As there are very few B5 Passat estates around any more, it's hard to value them, but some people will pay as much for yours, as they will pay for a newer B6 model as they prefer the B5 shape (I for one, would prefer the B5 model)

My advice is to throw it up with your max price, and you can always drop
    Nothing worse than putting a car up and selling it right away and wondering could you have done better! :D

The fact the NCT is out next month is not going to do you any favours though
    With a car of that age/value, an NCT could almost double what somebody would pay for it
    I think a 2003 with a fresh NCT and in good shape could sell for close to a grand, while one with the NCT out in a few weeks is probably going to make somewhere in the region of €400 or €500 at the most.

Thanks for the tips
    I threw it up for €750
    https://www.adverts.ie/car/volkswagen/passat/2003-volkswagen-passat-for-sale/1314186

Any comments welcome (as are offers obviously!)

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    My advice is either get a fresh NCT on it (but you'll have to wait until the date available), or you're looking at selling it at a lower price to take into account that the first thing a buyer has to do is put it through the test

Price seems fairly right if it had a bit longer on the NCT, but I'm guessing you'll need to be pitching it around €2750 to get any interest
    The other issue, as strange as it seems, is Donegal plates seem to be a big no for some buyers
    The advert itself is bang on. I think you have some very good pictures of both interior and exterior and it shows the car off well

Thanks for the advice and feedback all, it's much appreciated. I'll look into getting the NCT booked as soon as I can, the nearest dates it's giving me now is mid-December but I'll try again around midnight tonight. And yes, completely agree with you on the Donegal plates - it's a real thing and I knew when they would be an issue for some people :P

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I've my mother's 2008 Toyota Auris up for sale here - owned for four years but, since Covid and the ability for her to work from home, now deemed surplus to requirements. I've had it up for three weeks now - NCT'd and taxed and priced very competitively but the phone isn't ringing. Some Boardsies might take a look and see what they think of the ad, pictures, price, etc.

I told her it might take a few weeks but I have to say I'm surprised I haven't had any real enquiries.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-toyota-auris-nct-tax/25680990

I think you are asking for too much

I think you are asking for too much

I tried to gauge the asking price by comparing it with similar examples currently for sale in Dublin - what do you reckon I should ask for it as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

Need to get rid of this Corolla (1.4L)

It's 2002, only 84,500 miles on it. The NCT was due on 07/20, I'm not sure how that stacks up post covid. It passed the last two NCTs without issue, however I have not have it serviced or put any money into it at all except for topping up the oil etc.

I recently put 3 months of tax on it so that's good until December (11/20).

As you can see from the photos the exterior isn't in great condition, and has heavy scratches on the back bumper.

Not expecting much at all for this and I'm not sure if I want the hassle of dealing with Done Deal. If anyone's interested in throwing me a few quid for it rather than me scrapping it, give me a shout!

Based in Dublin

dHIuBwx.jpg

jrNPthu.jpg

bxBjU1P.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

What engine size?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

Idbatterim wrote: »
    What engine size?

It's 1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

Looking to sell my 2009 Prius, welcome any comments or if anyone is interested in it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-toyota-prius-t3-vvt-i-tax-nct-now-4-150-ono/26041901

Trading up to 181 Prius, so sticking with Toyota, but if I could sell privately would probably be lower cost to trade up

NCT is until end of the month, but cant get a date until Dec in local centre, and rear seats have few stains, so should I get new seat coverings,

The big question is whats it worth v's what garage will allow as a trade in, and whether to change seat covers and do NCT if not going to be able to sell in short time or wont get much more than trade in.

Go easy on me and thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Advertisement