Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 Matchday Thread

Options
  • 12-05-2019 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭

This is it folks, the final furlong.

Personally my most testing season in all my years of FPL, but as usual this forum was a big reason for me to continue to plug away.

We've got something good going here, and I can say with relative confidence that this is one of the best groups of strangers you'll find anywhere. (except when people post Matchday threads early on Friday evenings :mad: :pac:)

Best of luck all for the final day of madness, its been a pleasure!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Maybe next year I'll get a consistent run of decent points

Thanks to all here for yhe hints n tips.Its great to have a bad week then come on here and see you outscored others.

Good luck today

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am still no closer to deciding what to do!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I don't care at this stage

So many marginal calls this week
    Do I take a hit or go with double wolves......if so which two......or single ....if so Jota or Jimmy.......
    Keeper......which one will not get zero points.....the annoying Dubravka away to Fulham(I may have one of their attackers) or Ryan at home to sterling and aguero
    Captain......Salah, Aguero,Sterling or my signing.........
    If i get half of these decisions right I will be fine. If not.........

I am currently 12.3k and would like to finish in top 1ok. A lot of rivals have taken a minus 4 so in that regard I am free to take one. On the other handI could take the 4 point headstart and play both Jota and Jiminez. If Robertson misses out I will end up with Doherty as well. Wolves are gonna come to play though.....I am actually more fearful of dropping/selling the guy who scores. Cos I think they will. At least once.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

km79 wrote: »
    Do I take a hit or go with double wolves......if so which two......or single ....if so Jota or Jimmy.......
    Keeper......which one will not get zero points.....the annoying Dubravka away to Fulham(I may have one of their attackers) or Ryan at home to sterling and aguero

I am currently 12.3k and would like to finish in top 1ok. A lot of rivals have taken a minus 4 so in that regard I am free to take one. On the other handI could take the 4 point headstart and play both Jota and Jiminez. If Robertson misses out I will end up with Doherty as well. Wolves are gonna come to play though.....I am actually more fearful of dropping/selling the guy who scores. Cos I think they will. At least once.....

FWIW, I'd have no problem playing both Jota and Jiminez. It should be quite an open game. If only playing one, then I'd probably go with Jota as he's the guy that has more form, but yeah, it's virtually guaranteed that whichever one you leave on the bench will be the one to score!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've decided to put my faith in Huddersfield's ineptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Final day team..

Ederson
    TAA Luiz VVD
    Babel Hazard JWP Mane B Silva
    Kun(c) Vardy

Hope it’s a goalfest today. GL all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah I think people are fishing for where they’ll find CSs. This week, more than most, I think will be goals galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Allison
    Robbo Laporte Doherty
    Mane Sterling Redmond Fraser
    Aguero Zaha(c) Rashford

18 points behind in my ML, Zaha captain if I can hold my nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »

In the same boat re: Jota and Jiminez and I've been going to and fro between selling both of them or starting both of them! Have a feeling they will score too, think I might just play them both and avoid the hit. Planned transfer had been Doherty to TAA but am 0.1 short now so maybe that's a sign!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Allison
    Robbo Laporte Doherty
    Mane Sterling Redmond Fraser
    Aguero Zaha(c) Rashford

18 points behind in my ML, Zaha captain if I can hold my nerve
    Rival has Aguero then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

CSF wrote: »
    Rival has Aguero then?

Yep and I imagine will captain him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yeah I think people are fishing for where they’ll find CSs. This week, more than most, I think will be goals galore.

But there will be a couple of nil nils where nobody breaks out of a trot

Foster (Lol!)

Robbo | Laporte | TAA

Salah (C) | Sterling (VC) | Redmond | JWP

Auba | Jiminez | Aguero

Subs : Ryan | Bednarek | Elliot | Duffy

Come on you Saints! I'm still tempted to captain Redmond!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Took my second -4 of the season for a bit of a last day flutter.

I'd Son, Firmino, Boly, Camarasa and Duffy, so it should hopefully be a safe enough -4 to outscore what they'd provide.

Son ----> Sterling
    Firmino ----> Mitrovic

Lloris
    TAA Laporte Valery
    Sterling Mane Hazard Tielemans
    Aguero Jimenez Mitrovic

Foster Camarasa Duffy Boly

Better players than me have had very difficult seasons, and I'm fortunate to be in the position I'm in at 34 OR.

I'm aware that my updates may sometimes look like gloating, but the info and opinion this place provides for me to process has been a huge reason for my good performance. It's a great place.

Thanks to you all, and good luck for this final GW.

But there will be a couple of nil nils where nobody breaks out of a trot

I'd laugh if it was the Palace Bournemouth game!! :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'd laugh if it was the Palace Bournemouth game!! :pac:

So would I
    With joy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

(-4)
    Lloris
    Laporte, Robbo, TAA,
    JWP, Moura, Sterling,Mane(TC),
    Vardy, Jiminez, Ayoze

Foster, Doucoure, Doherty, Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Jimi and Moutinho out. Wood and Fraser in. For a hit

Fancy them both to score well. Liverpool will play like they've done all season. Win to nil most likely, though understand why people might hold Wolves players.

Foster
    TAA Laporte Digne
    Salah(c) Sterling Fraser JWP
    Aguero Vardy Wood

Ryan Bednarek Duffy Elliott

Not much to play for for me. 70 points ahead in main league. Well short of last season's finish. Chance maybe to break 20k.

Good luck to all who have something bigger to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pickford
    TAA AWB Laporte
    Manè(C) Hazard Sterling Pogba
    Rashford Jimenez Auba

Ryan, Doherty Duffy McNeil

Let’s finish with a flurry on the forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Foster

Robertson Shaw Bednarek (Digne, Montoya)

Salah Mane Sterling Delefeou (Son)

Lacazette Wilson Long.

—————-

Still haven’t decided. If Shaw doesn’t play then Digne comes. I’m ok with that. However if Robertson doesn’t come in then I’ll be fielding 10.

Son is suspended. So if an attacker doesn’t feature then it could be 9. Not confident on Lacazette or Long starting.

Do I do Vardy for Lacazette. Do I do Son to any midfielder & bench Long?

Do I hit & take out Son & Shaw?

Do I take out Shaw for Kompany & then Digne covers if an attacker doesn’t play.

Just feels at this stage, anything I do will be wrong :)

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Foster

Robertson Shaw Bednarek (Digne, Montoya)

Salah Mane Sterling Delefeou (Son)

Lacazette Wilson Long.

—————-

Still haven’t decided. If Shaw doesn’t play then Digne comes. I’m ok with that. However if Robertson doesn’t come in then I’ll be fielding 10.

Son is suspended. So if an attacker doesn’t feature then it could be 9. Not confident on Lacazette or Long starting.

Do I do Vardy for Lacazette. Do I do Son to any midfielder & bench Long?

Do I hit & take out Son & Shaw?

Do I take out Shaw for Kompany & then Digne covers if an attacker doesn’t play.

Just feels at this stage, anything I do will be wrong :)
    Sell son
    You know 100% he won’t play
    The rest is luck/guesswork
    Digne is an excellent option today
    I’d be starting him either way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Got Rondon in as a punt as he has been one of the few bright sparks in a Shiite season, despite that I’ve enjoyed the banter here.
    Now who to leave out?
    Redmond benched at the moment.
    Mane,Sterling, Gerry D, Hazard,
    Aguero,Rondon,Wilson.

patmac wrote: »
    Got Rondon in as a punt as he has been one of the few bright sparks in a Shiite season, despite that I’ve enjoyed the banter here.
    Now who to leave out?
    Aguero,Rondon,Wilson.

Have to start Redmond imo
    So
    Bench Rondon. Or Gerry D.But everything really points to Rondon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

patmac wrote: »
    Now who to leave out?
    Aguero,Rondon,Wilson.

I wish I had that dilemma!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Ryan
    Robertson TAA Laporte
    Redmond Deulofeu Mane Sterling
    Aguero Rashford Long

Subs: Kepa Jota Luiz Schlupp

(-4) Redmond in for Brooks, Long in for Jimenez. Captain between Aguero, Sterling and Redmond not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

30 points clear and took 8 point hit to swap Robertson and Camarasa out for TAA & Doicorue in. Bench boost activated too, unsure if I will captain sterling or mane, leaning towards sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

SlickRic wrote: »
    Took my second -4 of the season for a bit of a last day flutter.

I'd Son, Firmino, Boly, Camarasa and Duffy, so it should hopefully be a safe enough -4 to outscore what they'd provide.

Son ----> Sterling
    Firmino ----> Mitrovic

Lloris
    TAA Laporte Valery
    Sterling Mane Hazard Tielemans
    Aguero Jimenez Mitrovic

Foster Camarasa Duffy Boly

Better players than me have had very difficult seasons, and I'm fortunate to be in the position I'm in at 34 OR.

I'm aware that my updates may sometimes look like gloating, but the info and opinion this place provides for me to process has been a huge reason for my good performance. It's a great place.

Thanks to you all, and good luck for this final GW.

Amazing well played. And from someone like myself who takes a lot of hits this is food for thought for next year. All the best

• Advertisement

Advertisement