Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Brides/Grooms

1235»

Comments

I got married on June 15th. Wondering how the rest of you got on weather wise? The night before the wedding it was pouring down torrentially. Like really so bad that the roads were "flooding". But the day of my wedding dawned beautiful and stayed that way all day; I am a person who wouldn't be outside in a dress if it was any way chilly. We wanted to have our ceremony outside but we couldn't because the ground was too water logged.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭mickey15ie

Afternoon All,

Generally is there a specific time for the wedding band to stop playing at?

if that start at 9pm and have a 3 hour piece obviously they finish at 12am.

But if they start at 930pm can they still insist on finishing at 12am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Afternoon All,

What written in the contract? Ours had a maximum curfew, and that included the DJ. So perhaps work backwards if you have something similar. Maybe take into account if the band need a 15 min break in between sets or if you are serving nibbles in the late evening, between the band and DJ for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Afternoon All,

Hmm depends on the contract - does it say 3 hours or does it say 9 to 12?
    My sisters band said 9-12 and they didn't start until nearly 10 - stopped at 12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Probably varies a bit but I'd say most have a cut-off time given they have to also pack up. Otherwise it can quickly turn into a very late night. 9pm seems an ambitious start time. Rarely see that happen... 9:30 maybe but more often than not, it's closer to 10. How late the food goes (which is also affected by speeches) and whether or not there are tables where the band need to set up play a big role in the start time.

Advertisement