Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Geraghty Retires

Options
  • 12-07-2020 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Barry Geraghty has retired, always came across as a really likeable bloke that appreciated his position as a top jockey. Good to see him retire in one piece.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Good on him, tough game always nice to see a jockey go out on their own terms, obviously most remember him for his association with the all time great Moscow Flyer. Best of luck in your TV career, hope they ditch Mr boring Mick Fitzgerald for the more genuine and enthusiastic Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thanks for Sire Du Berlais in the Pertemps 2019 Barry, one of the best rides I've ever seen around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

Pure class in and out of the saddle up there with Ruby, McCoy and carberry as the finest to ever jump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Nice man our Barry .
    Always a good man to have a few pound on , himself and jessie pulled few good strokes over the years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thanks for Sire Du Berlais in the Pertemps 2019 Barry, one of the best rides I've ever seen around there.

Still not over Glenloe myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Mig wrote: »
    Still not over Glenloe myself

I don't think anyone is. Most of us were hoping to gain compensation (in spades) in March..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Who is favourite to take over for the green and gold?

Mark Walsh or someone else

Split between UK & Ireland or just use stable jockeys?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Aidan Coleman is fav for the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

All the Best to Barry G on his retirement, I'd love if MWalsh took the UK spot and Rachel Blakmore the irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

All the best to a true legend
    If Ruby and AP were Oasis and Blur, Barry was Pulp!
    If Ruby and AP were The Beatles and The Stones, BG was The Kinks!

Won me a nice few bob over the years, chief among them being Jezki in the CH

Barry seem's a very decent lad, the game won't be the same for his loss

Davy and Puppy the last of the 00's brigade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Being generous to puppy to put him in with the greats of our time.
    As Dunphy would say he's a good jockey he's not a great jockey Bill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Moscow Flyer in the Arkle was the one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ruby, AP, and now Geraghty - we've lost the three best riders of our generation in fairly close proximity. You can't imagine the likes of Russell or Johnson being too far behind them given their ages. It'll be interesting to see who fills their shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

I'll always associate him with Moscow Flyer. That Tingle Creek in '04 with Azertyuiop and Well Chief was a race for the ages.

He had come career when you look back over all the good horses he got on. Class in and out of the saddle and always good to see a jock finish on their own terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I always think it is like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic myself. An era in which you have 3 characters that ordinarily would be once in a lifetime.

Barry is a gentleman! I'm not a regular getting man but won more on Barry than I lost over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I had a love hate thing with him for a while, but really appreciated him the last few years . All class, great craic at a preview night too

Advertisement