Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Apprenticeship

Options
  • 10-07-2019 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just looking for some advice. I have being employed for the last 14 years with the same company (not well paid), am out on IB at the moment and let’s say it’s a case were you know enough is enough giving what I endured in last few years.

Anyway I came across the eir apprenticeship and said I would apply in the hope that this could be the change in direction that I need although my wife feels different about it seeing it as another labor number instead suggests why not use the time out to learn something that in the long run that will be possibly more rewarding.

Am 37 (almost 38) with two young kids and feel at a crossroads in my life, what to do maybe she has a good point because you only get one chance to try and find something that you are passionate about, but it’s all about having a better quality of life in the meantime whatever the occupation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I think you'd be better off posting this here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

What would you actually like to do?

Are you good at studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    I think you'd be better off posting this here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

What would you actually like to do?

Are you good at studying?

Ok will repost it.

Not sure although I use to be a DJ still have all my gear and I feel I was at my happiest in doing this but I never pushed myself as much as I wanted to then so it’s something I really think belongs to me, and as far as studying is concerned I don’t feel I have the head for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Sounds like an apprenticeship might be a good route (not necessarily via Eir).

If you're not happy you should change jobs, employer or career.

37 isn't that old. Still many, many years of work left, so no point staying in a role you hate.

I think you should give the DJing another shot. Even just as a hobby you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Sounds like an apprenticeship might be a good route (not necessarily via Eir).

If you're not happy you should change jobs, employer or career.

37 isn't that old. Still many, many years of work left, so no point staying in a role you hate.

I think you should give the DJing another shot. Even just as a hobby you enjoy.

Thanks for the encouraging input and as the saying goes the world is your oyster ;)

Advertisement