Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th and 17th October 2010 cloud timelapse

Options
  • 18-10-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

I think both of these are good though the quality of resolution of the 17th seems poorer than usual. I love the shooting stars of passing aircraft.

I changed the viewing angle twice on the 17th. Firstly it just looked like boring dark stratus but when in motion it actually looked great and I was sorry I changed it away from it. I think I need to leave it well enough alone

The 16th is looking south

The 17th started NW then changed to south and finally SW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

I better start saving, for a new camera next christmas.:D
    they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

John mac wrote: »
    I better start saving, for a new camera next christmas.:D
    they're great.
    I may have to as well!!
    When you consider that an 8 hour timelapse is nearly 6,000 photos.

How many shutter clicks are these cameras designed for?
    A few months and camera could be worn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Amazing. Spectacular. Some of the best I've ever seen.

The German Met Service have some webcams on their website and you can watch similar timelapses. There was one a few years ago showing the arrival and passing of a cloud of Saharan dust. I used to have it on an old pc, but now I've been looking for it online but with no success. Does anyone remember it, and do you have a link???

Advertisement