Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm over Meath now

Options
  • 29-07-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

Here's the view of the storm currently somewhere over Meath as seen from my balcony in Santry, Dublin

IMG_0226.jpg

Here's another view showing another tower trying to form on the southern end
    IMG_0228.jpg

Any photos I post here are taken with my video camera. The ones above are actually frames from the recording I'm currently doing for a timelapse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

That's probably the one I can hear thunder from, in Dunshaughlin direction as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

that storm is right over navan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭highdef

Here's the link to the first of two vids, This one is not great, It shows the storm with big anvil decaying. But at the end, there is a cloud just coming into view at the left of the picture. This is the new storm that will be visible in the next video.

http://www.vimeo.com/1435396

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Good stuff keep 'em coming, no great vantage point to capture anything worthwhile so depending on you guys. :p

Part 2 -Enjoy

• Advertisement

Looked like some rotation in the last 10 seconds of that clip. Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Impressive. There is something so magical about time-lapse cloud videos. Could watch them all day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Danno wrote: »
    Impressive. There is something so magical about time-lapse cloud videos. Could watch them all day :D
    I agree. Can actually learn alot from them when a storm is developing and are brilliant to watch.

As the CB rises there the upper level winds spread the anvil out more quickly than the lower and mid level winds. The storm is slightly tilted off it axis and if it where a couple of hours earlier, this storm could have been better organised and stronger with maximum heating of the day.

The stills you took are identical to the ones i took being our close proximity and timing.

Very impessive again HD.:)

Have created my own time lapse, just scroll down fast:pac:

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nice pics Snowbie. Is that Ikea beside the houses?

• Advertisement

No, You could see Ikea more from highdef balcony in Santry better than where i am, 3 miles inland from here on M50.

Yeah, I'd be able to see Ikea if it weren't for the new offices gone up accross the road. I recognise that building though, Snowbie - I believe I was in it yesterday ;)

I'll get more timelapse up tomorrow of the ;)low level fast moving cumlus clouds yesterday

Will have another timelapse here soon. Just have a few probs at the moment.

Ok, here's a not very exciting timelapse from a few days ago. Had problems uploading it so a bit slow to put it up. Currently recording the skies today as there's a lot of convection so I hope to have more up later.

Just realised that I forgot to mute the audio....apologies!!!

Here's another timelapse of a shower that moved in a couple of days ago:

Thanks Highdef for another splendid production, nice editing too :)

Advertisement